AMD RX Vega’s pricing was “not just for launch, but ongoing”

Just now, Coaxialgamer said:

Q2 results are not out , and neither are q3 results . So i don't know how you could know either way .

And as i said , Vega isn't a particularly good miner  for the dollar or for the watt.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

9 minutes ago, Sauron said:

-weiird  snip-

Well that's still before vega though . Polaris was the only card being shipped back then , and nobody was buying a 1000$ gpu for mining .

As i said , vega only offers 30% extra perf vs rx 480 , for a lot of extra power , and ( arguably ) a much lower price.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

GamersNexus is quoting from some sources the cost for HBM2 only is about $150, about 3x that of GDDR5

Moreover, good old memory bottleneck and higher efficiency stuff

On a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam

1 hour ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Not doubting or anything , but do you have a source that some vega features are still disabled ? I knew some were during vega FE's launch , but i searched and couldn't find any info about features that are not enabled now that RX vega is launched.

Of course, it's all rumours, because no one knows what is going on with Vega.

https://twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/899581375224926208

1 hour ago, Agost said:

At 512GB/s Fiji was still limited by bandwidth (high scaling with HBM OC), I wonder what speeds Vega would need.

AMD should really enable those features and improve scaling on next gpus. I hope Navi's "scalability" will also mean better scaling when adding more SPs. However if Navi doesn't use HBM2 but a "next gen" memory (supposedly HBM3) I'm afraid we won't see anything different from Vega until late 2019.

Primitive shaders should work without developer input AFAIK, but performance per clock is the same as Fiji. 11vs4 polygons per clock geometry engines too, I suppose. Still same performance per clock as Fiji.

We'll see rapid packed math results on Far Cry 5 and Wolfenstein II, but there are some feature missing or not fully working in the drivers, I'm pretty sure.

Do remember that NVidia cards have texture compression on their 900 and 1000 series. Fiji did not, so it needed that higher bandwidth, to begin with. Other than that, I don't know why it would be the case. Too few ROPS?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 hours ago, Notional said:

Of course, it's all rumours, because no one knows what is going on with Vega.

https://twitter.com/BitsAndChipsEng/status/899581375224926208

Do remember that NVidia cards have texture compression on their 900 and 1000 series. Fiji did not, so it needed that higher bandwidth, to begin with. Other than that, I don't know why it would be the case. Too few ROPS?

HBCC is disabled by default but it can be enabled; it's already been tested, it only gives advantages if you run out of VRAM. AVFS is present on previous generations according to AMD. HBM2 pseudo channel mode is probably a hardware feature. DSBR is probably still disabled, NGG and Primitive Shaders should be the same thing (and still disabled AFAIK)

AMD added some compression to Fiji and improved with Polaris and Vega, but not even close to nvidia's levels. The architecture is completely different and probably needs less bandwidth than GCN; remember that every GCN flagship had quite high bandwidth compared to green counterparts since 2011, I don't think it's only a coincidence.

8 hours ago, ltguy said:

I keep hearing this, but its just not true. Vega 64 has been in stock, the card by itself, at newegg all week. The card is priced at $700usd and its not selling.

Sold out in a few shops here in Aus.  maybe they had more stock, maybe there listings weren't complete in the first few weeks.  Who knows.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, mr moose said:

Sold out in a few shops here in Aus.  maybe they had more stock, maybe there listings weren't complete in the first few weeks.  Who knows.

There are only 3 Vega models (all standard vega air 64) in 2 e-shops in Italy; almost sold out and at €650-680.

No packs whatsoever

13 minutes ago, Agost said:

There are only 3 Vega models (all standard vega air 64) in 2 e-shops in Italy; almost sold out and at €650-680.

No packs whatsoever

I think it's fair to say that with all other things being equal, we can at least say they are selling well if nothing else.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.