[Updated] Samsung Galaxy Note8 launched, priced $930 unlocked in the US

captain_to_fire
7 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Futuremark says otherwise and Samsung didn't shipped all their Galaxy S8's with UFS 2.1 for storage which Samsung didn't include in the fine print. 

Yeah only S8 SD models. 

Still all S8+ and exynos chips are faster than the iphone. Or are you in denial?

Either way even 2.0 speeds are faster than the iphone at Internal sequential read 468 MB/s

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

It means you got a version with UFS 2.1. Just so you know, Samsung didn't shipped all Galaxy S8's with UFS 2.1. http://bgr.com/2017/05/08/samsung-galaxy-s8-plus-specs-exaggerated-storage/

I know but whos to say they won't do UFS 2.1 with every phone this time round, even if they don't the UFS 2.0 seem to pretty on par with Iphone anyway.

I agree the phone isn't worth the price ($1499 Aud) but storage speed isn't the reason.

1 minute ago, JAKEBAB said:

I agree the phone isn't worth the price ($1499 Aud) but storage speed isn't the reason.

That crazy price tag for the Note 8 is for Samsung to recover their finances losses. I can't even think of a reason why 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM or dual cameras with OIS on both would justify a price close to $1000. 

7 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Still all S8+ and exynos chips are faster than the iphone. Or are you in denial?

What with you people getting triggered whenever someone says positive about Apple? Just so you know, I never said anything about SoC so thanks for the red herring. But since you brought up the SoC thing, I'll let Anandtech do the talking. 

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10685/the-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus-review/3  http://www.anandtech.com/show/10685/the-iphone-7-and-iphone-7-plus-review/4 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

6 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

What with you people getting triggered whenever someone says positive about Apple?

You were criticizing the Note 8 because it wasnt as good as the iphone so we proved your wrong. It wasnt just a comment that Apple has NVME. 

4 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

That crazy price tag for the Note 8 is for Samsung to recover their finances losses. I can't even think of a reason why 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM or dual cameras with OIS on both would justify a price close to $1000.

The note 7 was $1349 Aud though so idk if thats what they're doing, just looks like natural price increase to me.

15 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

The note 7 was $1349 Aud though so idk if thats what they're doing, just looks like natural price increase to me.

I think this is the first time Samsung priced their base model flagship Android smartphone for $930 in the US. I'm not sure.

Edited by hey_yo_

12 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

You were criticizing the Note 8 because it "wasn't" as good as the iphone so we proved "you're" wrong. It "wasn't" just a comment that Apple has NVME. 

Maybe you should bother going back a few pages on why I criticized the Note 8's pricing instead of whining. If you think 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM, dual cameras with OIS and a paltry 64 GB internal storage which isn't NVMe is enough to justify the hefty $930 price tag even if there are other phones with similar specs are priced lower, by all means, suit yourself. :P

Edited by hey_yo_

2 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Maybe you should bother going back a few pages on why I criticized the Note 8's pricing instead of whining. If you think 6 GB of LPDDR4 RAM, dual cameras with OIS and a paltry 64 GB internal storage is enough to justify the hefty $930 price tag even if there are other phones with similar specs are priced lower, by all means, suit yourself. :P

iphone has less RAM, no OIS on the zoom lens(which is retarded) and 128GB for the same price. Also without the SPen and worse battery life, no headphone jack and not to include the software features, IRIS scanners.....oh and by the way you can throw a 256GB sd card in the S8 and Note 8.

930 is hefty, but comparing to the iphone 7+ at the same price.....I dont think an extra slower 64gb of storage is worth all those missing features.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:37 AM, TVwazhere said:

I love my S8+, gets me through a regular day and half no problem! (I've gone 36 hours without needing to recharge, and even then it was only 14%

Same even with the Always on display the thing has trucked on for me for almost 2 days without a charge.

5 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

Other smartphones are still using eMMC for storage 

Samsung moved to UFS quite a while ago.

It's OK to prefer the iPhone. Like you heard about NVMe yesterday and now you're trying to find a way to shove it into as many sentences as possible.

Not saying that storage isn't important, but if that's your reasoning why the iPhone is a better phone or better value, then you're grasping at straws. 

By the way, Apple has pulled the "let's make the storage slower on some models" too.

The 32GB iPhone 7 was very slow for some things (such as writes).

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up