Looking for a "positive" game

HeyIAmInfinity

Yesterday i finished Nier:Automata, that caused me to fall into what i call "entertainment depression".

If you have ever watched a tv series finale, or finished a game that you really enjoyed, and felt like life had no meaning; this is what i mean.

Any suggestion for a positive/happy game to get me through this? With this a mean a game that has some kind of story with a good ending, not too complex to cause rage quit and a general good experience, if playable with a controller its a plus.

Fallout 4

Intel Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4Ghz  Sapphire R9 290 Vapor X 4GB  |  Vengeance® K70 & M65  W10 Pro

I wouldn't consider fallout 4 to be a happy game, and its story IMO is not really good. Thanks anyway

Katamari games (Damacy, Forever)

Animal Crossing

Stardew Valley

A Boy and his Blob

Fez

The Secret of Monkey Island

Simon the Sorcerer 

Little Big Planet

Super Mario games (Epecially Super Mario World 2 and Super Mario Sunshine)

Yoshi games (Yoshi Story & Woolly World)

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

ABZÜ (from the devs who made Journey for the ps-whatever. The art style is stunning. There's no dialog but I liked the story. Took me about 2 hours to complete, if you can, use a controller)

A story about my uncle (It's a really awesome first person platformer, I liked the story a lot. Sorta made me feel like a 12-year-old adventurous kid again. Very leaned-back but still the levels are challenging enough to keep you interested but not frustrating at all. Art style is nice too)

What I think you want is a wholesome indie game: Braid, Bastion, Fez, etc... 

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

I just finished the NieR for the first time (ending A), I still need to do the other endings.

If you don't mind the genre or art style then I really recommend:

Dust an Elysian Tail (simple but great story and gameplay, can hit feels)

Ori and the Blind Forest (simple but great story and gameplay, can hit feels)

The Talos Principle (complex story, puzzles, puzzles, if you liked Portal you should like this one too)

Just now, WereCat said:

I just finished the NieR for the first time (ending A), I still need to do the other endings.

If you don't mind the genre then I really recommend

Dust an Elysian Tail

Ori and the Blind Forest

The Talos Principle

Play again until ending E, you just played one third of the story.

I've already played some of those games, i think i'll try ABZU and maybe fez.

Thanks everyone

1 minute ago, HeyIAmInfinity said:

Play again until ending E, you just played one third of the story.

I've already played some of those games, i think i'll try ABZU and maybe fez.

Thanks everyone

I know, I play as a 9S now.

And you're welcome.

NieR Automata was so good I just didn't even play any games for a week after I finished up to ending E. Any time I play something amazing like that it's hard to get into anything new. I always like simple, low action games after playing a big game intensely for a few weeks. For instance the first game I played after NieR Automata was What Remains of Edith Finch, which is a short but sweet casual game with an amazing story (though not happy). Then I jumped on another short game in The Unfinished Swan (it's a PS3/PS4 exclusive though).

I saw the Abzu recommendation. I bought that game a couple of months ago but am saving it for when I want a break from the more hardcore gaming. I bought a ton of games like that: Flower, Journey, Abzu, What Remains of Edith Finch, The Unfinished Swan, Unravel, fLOw, Firewatch, The Witness, etc.

Stardew Valley is very, VERY therapeutic. I used it after I finished playing portal 2.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.