Am i going overkill with the fans?

gt1551

So to start off very briefly I am going to be building a custom pc with the following as parts:

First here is the build:

CPU: Intel i7-7700k

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti OC

CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

Case: Corsair Crystal 460x RGB

HDD: Seagate Barracude 2tb

SSD: 1TB Samsung 850evo

Motherboard; Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA

PSU: Corsair HX750i 

RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance 3200MHz

Extra case fans: 3xRGB SP120 Corsair + 2 AF120 Corsair 

I am going to attach a sketch (it is an appalling work of art)  of how I was thinking of putting all this together. Yes it does look like an aardvark, when it comes to art, but I've tried to illustrate my build plan well, and marked the directions of airflow in green marker to highlight them.

Am i going overkill with the fans? And is there even space for them in a standard ATX case like mine? Are some of the fans redundant? I am planning on overclocking as much as I possibly can

filename-1 (3).jpg

Checkout this video,  I ended up going with 2 120s up front and 2exhaust out the top / back.

8 hours ago, gt1551 said:

So to start off very briefly I am going to be building a custom pc with the following as parts:

First here is the build:

CPU: Intel i7-7700k

GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti OC

CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x52

Case: Corsair Crystal 460x RGB

HDD: Seagate Barracude 2tb

SSD: 1TB Samsung 850evo

Motherboard; Asus MAXIMUS IX FORMULA

PSU: Corsair HX750i 

RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4 Vengeance 3200MHz

Extra case fans: 3xRGB SP120 Corsair + 2 AF120 Corsair 

I am going to attach a sketch (it is an appalling work of art)  of how I was thinking of putting all this together. Yes it does look like an aardvark, when it comes to art, but I've tried to illustrate my build plan well, and marked the directions of airflow in green marker to highlight them.

Am i going overkill with the fans? And is there even space for them in a standard ATX case like mine? Are some of the fans redundant? I am planning on overclocking as much as I possibly can

IMO you can install as many fans as you want. As long they don't produce too much noise. I think you cannot go wrong with having to many fans.

Now a lot of people will come and say: Don't do that, in vest in something else, don't waste money on fans. But in the end it's what you want to do.

For symmetry reasons I would always recommend. Hell, I got £70 worth of corsair fans in my PC :) - but my reason is that my case has shitty airflow - you can check my PC in the link to see my fans (yeah my faithful fans :)))))) - I'm their idol :))))

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x, Cooling: Corsair H100i Platinum AIO MOBO: Asus Strix B450 F GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 Founders Edition + Arctic Accelero Xtreme III RAM: 2x8GB ThermalTake ToughRAM White 3200MHz PSU: Corsair RM850x White Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe CASE: Corsair 275r Airflow White OTHER: White and Orange Cable Extensions ---- MONITOR: Samsung LC32JG5 32" WQHD 1440p VA 144Hz