How Much Effect Will The Oculus Rift Have On Your GPU

Snapy1

I highly doubt it will strain your gpu at all. It's like having a monitor strapped to your face, except the monitor has motion sensing. 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I highly doubt it will strain your gpu at all. It's like having a monitor strapped to your face, except the monitor has motion sensing. 

I doubt about that, according to Slick it's somewhat like 3D Vision in terms of load.

Stop bloating nonsense, and reason to contribute in a constructive manner.

Well, its basically two 1080p (or 720p) screens that have to be powered...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I doubt about that, according to Slick it's somewhat like 3D Vision in terms of load.

That's surprising actually. I stand corrected 

Yeah, it uses stereoscopic 3D so you'll need a beefy GPU

i guess it's like driving two monitors each with decent resolution, one for each eye.

The following statement is very stupid and unrelated.

"It is like having a big monitor duck-taped to your face, and the monitor having face recognition, all for security"

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

The following statement is very stupid and unrelated.

"It is like having a big monitor duck-taped to your face, and the monitor having face recognition, all for security"

I'm confused. Are you making fun of me or.....?

I believe he's trying to stress the point of you being a dumbass.

Joking but your statement was pretty off.

You all have to remember it also depends on the game you're running. Like for example Skyrim on high you'd be fine with one 780 to run it on ultra. if you went with two 780's with rift you'd probably be fine as well. if you had TI you definitely would be.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe he's trying to stress the point of you being a dumbass.

Joking but your statement was pretty off.

You all have to remember it also depends on the game you're running. Like for example Skyrim on high you'd be fine with one 780 to run it on ultra. if you went with two 780's with rift you'd probably be fine as well. if you had TI you definitely would be.

All things aside, I wasn't making fun of him at all. 

(The bold text was related to my statement only.)

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

All things aside, I wasn't making fun of him at all. 

(The bold text was related to my statement only.)

well i suppose your bold text applies to both, but you say it only applies to yours :) but technically they do relate lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well i suppose your bold text applies to both, but you say it only applies to yours :) but technically they do relate lol

Technically, not intentionally. Hahaa

Technically, not intentionally. Hahaa

Haha those incidental insults. gotta love um.

Haha those incidental insults. gotta love um.

They have...occasionally... only sometimes are the intentional. 

They have...occasionally... only sometimes are the intentional. 

is english your first lang?

is english your first lang?

.... :ph34r: Maybe......

By the way, I meant to say are instead of have.

.... :ph34r: Maybe......

By the way, I meant to say are instead of have.

:lol: There's one more mistake in there as well......but idgaf bout ENGRISHUAH ;)

Back on topic...

Actually, its a single 1080p display (in the HD Prototype at least).

They split it in half, so you see 960 x 1080 per eye ( Low res devkit is 640 x 800 per eye).

If you can play the game with Vsync on the setting you want at 1080p, your set for the rift currently.

The 3D will add a small overhead when added natively, implementations like Vireo and other third party drivers could have a larger effect on framerate.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

Its not stereoscopic, it's optical 3d. The image is rendered distorted and the lenses turn the image back to normal but 3d

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

• 4 weeks later...

Can u buy like wii nucmchuks for the oculas or can I download something that let's me use them with the oculas

Can u buy like wii nucmchuks for the oculas or can I download something that let's me use them with the oculas

that wouldnt quite work because the numchucks require sensors and with a oculs you would be moving around and getting out of the sensor range

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

that wouldnt quite work because the numchucks require sensors and with a oculs you would be moving around and getting out of the sensor range

good point

It's a normal 1080p display that's just 'split in half'.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3