SOLVED Good noise cancelling headphones?

A Silver

UPDATE: I decided on the Sony MDR 1000X and as I had some spare money I decided to them now. They have amazing noise cancelling and great audio!

I want to get some good noise cancelling headphones with good bass and audio quality and good active noise cancellation for my birthday but I don't know what to get. I am looking at the Bose Quiet Comfort 35. Should I go for those or are there any better ones for a similar price (or less)?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel i9 12900K

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H150i Elite Capellix

Mother Board: MSI z690 carbon WiFi

RAM: TeamSport Elite DDR5 2x16 4800mhz

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 

Case: Corsair Crystal 460X

PSU: Cosrair RM850X 80+ Gold

Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU 27" 1440p @ 165hz

Keyboard: Razer Black Widow Chroma

Mouse: Logitech G502

Sound: Sony MDR 1000x Headphones, Blue Snowball Microphone

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

CPU: Intel i7 10875H

RAM: 16gb DDR4

Storage: 512gb NVMe, 1TB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD

GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070 Max-Q

get them. i use bose QC for everything. mostly flying, driving, and at work using power tools.

Bose is very well know for their great noise cancelling technology and I would probably recommend the Quiet Comfort 25's because I personally prefer a wired experience but if I were you I would read up on these headphones a bit more. I have heard that they are quite unreliable and typically break after about a year of use (left or right earcups fail etc.). Outside of that if you enjoy the sound of Sennheiser headphones I would recommend the PXC 550 (http://en-ca.sennheiser.com/wireless-headphone-headset-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-pxc-550-travel) Wireless to compete with the Quiet Comfort 35's. From my personal experience I would expect Sennheiser build quality and sound quality to be much better. Linus has a review/comparison here:

. In all honesty though I would trust Sennheiser's headphones due to their huge dedication to standing by their products.

1 minute ago, emosun said:

get them. i use bose QC for everything. mostly flying, driving, and at work using power tools.

You said you use them for flying. Does that mean they come with a mic or something or is there a different model I didn't see that has a mic built in?

PC Specs:

Storage: 2TB Samsung 970 Plus NVMe, 240 SanDisk SSD Plus, Crucial MX300 750GB SSD

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

Just now, A Silver said:

You said you use them for flying. Does that mean they come with a mic or something or is there a different model I didn't see that has a mic built in?

flying as a passenger

but yes theres a mic in the cord on the buttons

Get the MDR 1000X Better audio quality and IMO a little more comfortable

My life

5 hours ago, emosun said:

flying as a passenger

but yes theres a mic in the cord on the buttons

Oh right. I was wondering as I know Bose make some headsets for flying. I for some reason thought you mean you used them in the cockpit. 

PC Specs:

Laptop Specs:

Gigabyte Aorus 15G

Keep an eye out for the sennheiser momentum wireless (these have garbage on headset controls so if that's something you use a lot, avoid) or the senheriser pxc 550 both of which are great options as well.

A word of warning about the Sony MDR 1000X. I have owned these headphones about 4-5 months by now and there are cracks in both sides of the main construction, just above the hinges. Look it up online and you will see that there are so many people with the same problem and Sony refuses to fix them under warranty even tho all the headphones have been taken good care of.

I have had the QC35 for 8 months, the comfort is sublime and build quality is good. The plastic feels a bit cheap but helps with lightness and comfort, I would highly recommend them.

On 20/08/2017 at 10:38 AM, A Silver said:

I want to get some good noise cancelling headphones with good bass and audio quality and good active noice cancellation for my birthday but I don't know what to get. I am looking at the Bose Quiet Comfort 35. Should I go for those or are there any better ones for a similar price (or less)?

the 35s are the best purchase ive mad in such a long time, i got them slightly cheaper since I know some distributors in Hong Kong, but they are worth it. i use them practically for everything

- SSUPD Meshlicous - Z170I - i7-6700K - Gigabyte 2080 - 16GB Corsair Vengance - 850 EVO 1TB - H115i ICUE Link- SF600