~$300 iem

prolemur

I want to get some headphones for gaming, music and movies. I listen mostly to electronic music and like the V sound signature.

I want to get iems because they're very portable and low-profile, but I don't want to compromise on the sound quality.

Maybe I'm cheap but I think $300 is quite a lot for IEMs. Regardless I often see the Westone 3 get mentioned.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Maybe I'm cheap but I think $300 is quite a lot for IEMs. Regardless I often see the Westone 3 get mentioned.

I think it's a lot too but I currently don't have anything to listen to audio other than my htc one's speakers and my acer speakers.

They are the best compromise for what I want. Not bulky headphones in public, very portable, not speakers and still sounding great.

$300 is custom iem territory, and I know nothing about that end of the spectrum. I also haven't heard much about V shaped iems in the custom range, but again I am not that knowledgeable with that price point.

Try this link to see if you really need to spend that much for a pair of iem's.

(Taken from link)

V-Shaped

Enhanced bass and treble make for an exciting, v-shaped sound with these earphones, providing a lively sonic experience typically reminiscent of the “Rock” setting on many equalizers. Due to the way the human loudness contour works, at lower volumes a mild v-shape can actually present a fairly balanced experience.

Below $50

VSonic GR02 Bass Edition ($35) – An impressive performer, the GR02 Bass Edition provides strong mid-bass impact, prominent treble, and clear – albeit recessed – mids. From the durable, time-tested housings to the tangle-resistant cable and 28-piece eartip set, the GR02 Bass Edition is much more complete an overall package than the cheaper SHE3580, and easily worth the still-modest asking price. 

Philips SHE3580 / SHE3590 ($13) – These bargain-bin miracles may look like the average dollar-store in-ears but their sound tells a completely different story. With excellent presence across the frequency spectrum enhanced bass, and crisp, clean treble, the sound of the Philips is worth much more than what you pay. 

Soundmagic E10 ($35) – Though not quite as clear and resolving as the GR02 Bass Edition, the E10 is a great all-around alternative with less bass, smoother treble, and a wider and airier sound. A headset version, dubbed the E10M, is also available.

$50-100

Thinksound MS01 ($100) – Thinksound’s formula has always been beautiful in its simplicity – combine one part enhanced bass with one part clarity, add stylish, well-crafted housings made from renewable materials, and package it all with great attention to detail. The MS01 remains true to the formula, delivering great sound with the upmarket look and feel of all Thinksound earphones. Plus, the company’s commitment to being “Green” is sure to score bonus points in some circles.

Astrotec AM-800 ($50) – Not only is the AM-800 one of the best-looking earphones I’ve come across in quite a while, this wood-and-metal beauty is the complete package – well-made, comfortable, and plenty good-sounding. The clear, mildly v-shaped sound makes

it a great mid-range earphone for first-time IEM users and a small upgrade to the SHE3580, E10, and GR02 Bass Edition. 

Over $100

JVC HA-FXT90 ($100) – This Japan import is chock-full of technology, combining two dynamic drivers – a carbon-coated tweeter and a carbon nanotube woofer – in a single housing. The sound of the FXT90 is balanced in an aggressive sort of way, with the intimate midrange giving up only a bit of emphasis to the prominent bass and sparkly treble. The performance is strengthened by good timbre and a nicely layered presentation, making these JVCs one of the best deals in portable audio.

JVC HA-FXT90 ($100) – This Japan import is chock-full of technology, combining two dynamic drivers – a carbon-coated tweeter and a carbon nanotube woofer – in a single housing. The sound of the FXT90 is balanced in an aggressive sort of way, with the intimate midrange giving up only a bit of emphasis to the prominent bass and sparkly treble. The performance is strengthened by good timbre and a nicely layered presentation, making these JVCs one of the best deals in portable audio.

>JVC HA-FXT90

I forgot all about these and never got to try them.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

>JVC HA-FXT90

I forgot all about these and never got to try them.

I would love to try them out myself. I've heard some great things about them.

I would love to try them out myself. I've heard some great things about them.

Buy us both a pair and I'll get us some tacos.

I like my Sennheiser IE60's with my HTC one. 

So would the sennheiser ie80 be a good choice, I think that's what Brandon uses and is $320 a regular price for them or should I buy them now?

IE80's are good, in an ideal world where you could find a store, where you could listen to them before buying them, I'd recommend you doing that before committing to a $300 purchase.

At least personally I would read more about the top ones in the chart I linked to to see what different reviewers say and to match that up to your own preferences.

Etymotic ER-4p are the best I've ever owned.  I have a review on the forum SOMEWHERE.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."