More than 50 pirate websites to be blocked in Australia within days

Allycat

I completely agree with people saying its more of a Service issue that people wanting to be criminals. For me, We go to the movies twice a month.. only on tuesdays as its $10 a ticket, instead of $30 per person, before snacks. I'm happy to pay $10 for the service rendered $30 per person just gets expensive when I could rather Pirate it and Save $60+ but $10, yeah worth it. 

Same with TV, I have just Netflix at home and its nice, We don't watch to much TV, and only when its not on netflix do I turn to piracy instead of Signing up to the local Tv provider, Paying for all the Gear and than Paying for 100's of channels of complete crap. Its easier for me to just download the movie, put it on flash stick and plug into the TV. 

If netflix or someone else were to offer a solid service I'll happily pay, but I'm not paying triple for crap I don't want. 

Also the amount of Old people who know what a VPN is these days is amazing, people keep asking me about them as I work in IT. They won't be making it more inconvenient to anyone. People are evolving way faster than the providers. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

2 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

Was it changed on just the router or your Ethernet/wifi adapter itself. And did you set the DNS for both IPV6 and IPV4? (eg. network connections>wifi properties>IPV4 or 6>use the following DNS). BTW I found that Google DNS drastically improved latency through Optus (something fishy was going on there) and reduced the amount of page loading errors with Telstra as well. Their DNS kind of sucks.

it was just IPV4 via motherboard, i may change it on the modem and IPV6

13 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Using an illegal site to watch take revenue from Legitimate Creators? Not a right. Not even a privilege.

Not everything is illegal on some of the sites. Also with the rights thing i was more referring to how the government doesn't give a shit about an unnecessary price hike or just the general high cost of things even when we get far less content. Our previous government didn't like how companies would over charge us because they can but this one seems to not care.

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

Not everything is illegal on some of the sites. Also with the rights thing i was more referring to how the government doesn't give a shit about an unnecessary price hike or just the general high cost of things even when we get far less content. Our previous government didn't like how companies would over charge us because they can but this one seems to not care.

Since when have the Coalition given a shit about anyone other than the hands that feed them?

1 hour ago, JAKEBAB said:

Exactly. Not everything. But can you name a single site on this list that is not hosting illegal content?

Also, I cannot comment on government interference in this market, as I have no experience in the field.

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!