Whats the oldest hardware you use

GOTSpectrum

Does it count if it's old and new at the same time? I needed a legacy system for a specific case requiring an AGP slot and at least a P4 HT processor. There wasn't anything used in my area that met this requirement for sale, and to my surprise ASRock still manufactures an LGA775 board, so I ended up building something! So although it's only a few months old - the "oldest" system I run is a Core 2 Duo, 2GB of DDR RAM, and a 250gb HDD running Windows XP Pro. Still can't believe I was able to buy all of these components brand new in 2017..

12 minutes ago, WesTech said:

Does it count if it's old and new at the same time? I needed a legacy system for a specific case requiring an AGP port and at least a P4 HT processor. There wasn't anything used in my area that met this requirement for sale, and to my surprise ASRock still manufactures an LGA775 board, so I ended up building something! So although it's only a few months old - the "oldest" system I run is a Core 2 Duo, 2GB of DDR RAM, and a 250gb HDD running Windows XP Pro. Still can't believe I was able to buy all of these components brand new in 2017..

where did you find a core 2 duo sold new?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 minute ago, SlipperyPete said:

where did you find a core 2 duo sold new?

Amazon! When I went to place the order I had actually just assumed it was used (especially for the price), but when I went back and double checked my order the listing was for a new OEM chip. Sure enough when it arrived, no signs of use at all. They could just be really good at cleaning and packaging, but I'll choose to believe I'm using a brand new Core 2 Duo 9_9.

Just now, WesTech said:

Amazon! When I went to place the order I had actually just assumed it was used (especially for the price), but when I went back and double checked my order the listing was for a new OEM chip. Sure enough when it arrived, no signs of use at all. They could just be really good at cleaning and packaging, but I'll choose to believe I'm using a brand new Core 2 Duo 9_9.

wow! thats amazing. i had no idea :) 

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Oldest thing is probably my G2 or my storage (850 Pro and 2tb barracuda), my gpu and cooling are from 2016 and everything else is 2017.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious