Hardkernel working on tiny NAS called ODROID-HC1

snortingfrogs

Is their a way to cluster multiple NAS's into one file storage system?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

This is just the same o droid board that's been out for years with a cute enclosure and a sata bridge built in. I don't get it.

I will say it is very attractively priced compared to buying just an odroid board.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:59 PM, snortingfrogs said:

ohh I like that it can do 110 MB\s file transfers over Ethernet. but I don't like that it seems to not come with a OS installed out of the box. 

22 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

ohh I like that it can do 110 MB\s file transfers over Ethernet. but I don't like that it seems to not come with a OS installed out of the box. 

There are precompiled android and linux distros for o droid boards. They are no harder than the raspberry pi to install. There is also a pretty good community for o droid boards. Not near as big as raspberry pi. They are fairly popular choices for car pcs though. In the next 6 months I would like to get rid of my bulky mini itx builds in my cars. Raspberry pi has better and cheaper touchscreen options but o droid boards have better android support. I don't see this being a huge deal. Not many if any at all of these single board computers have an operating system installed. That's half the fun.

8 minutes ago, markr54632 said:

There are precompiled android and linux distros for o droid boards. They are no harder than the raspberry pi to install. There is also a pretty good community for o droid boards. Not near as big as raspberry pi. They are fairly popular choices for car pcs though. In the next 6 months I would like to get rid of my bulky mini itx builds in my cars. Raspberry pi has better and cheaper touchscreen options but o droid boards have better android support. I don't see this being a huge deal. Not many if any at all of these single board computers have an operating system installed. That's half the fun.

do you know if their is something that allows you to cluster 2+ of these into a single storage pool?

Not a clue. The only thing I've looked at these for was for car pcs. Honestly that's the only aspect I find them useful for in my life.

From the website they are designed for cluster computing so I would assume its possible. I don't know how easy.

I do know you are not going to do not going to do it with android and I've never looked into the linux side of these boards.

For my purposes i am interested in running android on the o droid boards and anything linux ill do on my raspberry pis