Will BF3 run better on my SSD?

Ghutsell1

i recently purchased BF3, it runs at 50fps on Ultra, but every time it auto saves when i'm playing campaign it drops to ~20fps.

currently i have the game installed on my Windows 8 storage space which consists of 5400rpm drives,

i am wondering if installing the game on my SSD would stop the frame drops?

PC Specs: Phenom II 965 @ 3.8ghz, 8gb 1866 ram, GTX 480 stock, OCZ Agility 4 128gb.

System Specs:

~Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz ~Gigabyte 970A-UD3 ~Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracers Orange/Blue 4gb x2 @1866 cas 9 ~EVGA GTX 480 @stock currently ~PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III 600w ~Thermaltake Water 2.0 performer ~Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 ~OCZ Agility 4 128gb ~2x 320gb Hitachi 5400rpm 2.5" drives SATA 2 ~1x Maxtor 160gb 7200rpm 3.5" drive SATA 1 ~1x Samsung Spinpoint 160gb 7200rpm 3.5" IDE (converted to SATA) 

~Sony DVD burner (no idea what the model is..) ~4x 120mm Fans ~3x 140mm Fans

You should try install it to SSD. SSD might not give straight performance boost to fps, but it will reduce load times.

5400rpm drive might struggle to play the game and save data at the same time.

Some ppl have problems (fps drops, lags) with bf3 when they record with fraps to same drive as the game is installed.

I don't know that cpu so I can't say if it is part of the problem. Win8 can also mess up gaming performance.

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

When i swapped from my WD 2tb black to a vertex 2 for bf3 it decreased the load time alot, and about the quicksaving i think it reduced the duration of it autosaving ,but it still gives you an fps drop (not sure if the fps during the save improved or not, haven't played bf 3 sp in ages)

It probbably won't boost up your FPS, but will servearly reduce your loadtimes to start a game, and will reduce the times you need to wait till your game boots up.

Maybe, you can try(if you havent done this already)to update all your drivers to the latest.

If this won't work I don't know. And if its really unplayable, just tweak your settings down to high or maybe(If needed)even lower.

Thanks for all the help everyone! i moved it to the ssd and it helped but its still not totally fixed, atleast it's playable now though!

System Specs:

~Phenom II 965 BE @ 3.8GHz ~Gigabyte 970A-UD3 ~Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracers Orange/Blue 4gb x2 @1866 cas 9 ~EVGA GTX 480 @stock currently ~PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III 600w ~Thermaltake Water 2.0 performer ~Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 ~OCZ Agility 4 128gb ~2x 320gb Hitachi 5400rpm 2.5" drives SATA 2 ~1x Maxtor 160gb 7200rpm 3.5" drive SATA 1 ~1x Samsung Spinpoint 160gb 7200rpm 3.5" IDE (converted to SATA) 

~Sony DVD burner (no idea what the model is..) ~4x 120mm Fans ~3x 140mm Fans

depends on the system if your hdd is a bottleneck to the rest of the system i dont see why not, personally in battlefield i geta 10-15fps increase from using my ssd but remember battlefield is a big game, btw i have a 3770k and a gtx 560 and i can max out battlefield just getting 35-40fps dipping below 30 sometimes

CPU: i7 3770k 4.5ghz M/Board: Sabertooth Z77 GPU: Asus Gtx 560 Direct CUii OC RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Veangance PSU: Corsair CX600 Cooler: Custome Water Loop With Gentle typhoon 1850rpm fan, Single 120mm Rad, XSPC Raystorm CPU Block