Mining Litecoin with 4x 290X

Energy cost aside,

Do you think its worth it?

How does one setup a solo mine account, cant find it anywhere.

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

Might be worth it now if you hold on to your coins until it skyrockets to Bitcoin levels. Or the fad will fizzle and die and you wasted a whole bunch of money on electricity for nothing :P

I think it's worth it provided your energy bill doesn't go up a whole lot.

I've been stuck on the same issue for a few weeks now, I can't get my CGminer to work, as it crashes right away, and I can't find help anywhere...

However, I think it would be worth it if you could make everything else in the system very low power, and find a way to properly cool those volcanoes.

Energy cost aside,

Do you think its worth it?

How does one setup a solo mine account, cant find it anywhere.

7950s and 7970s are the best value by far right now (Yes it is worth mining)

Solo mining isn't worthwhile for the most part but if you just want to know how I am sure that there are guides on bitcointalk.org under the altcoins section

I've been stuck on the same issue for a few weeks now, I can't get my CGminer to work, as it crashes right away, and I can't find help anywhere...

However, I think it would be worth it if you could make everything else in the system very low power, and find a way to properly cool those volcanoes.

Re-install graphics drivers.

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

This is to give you an idea on which GPU's perform the best.

If I were you, I'd get a bunch of 7950's and overclock them beyond a ghz. Four of them will cost $800+, but it will give you a net profit of about $1700 per month, with the power consumption taken into consideration.

Absolutely! Give it a try and post your results.

You are free, act like it~Warfairy. Moar guns. B) #3Dprinting

you will get max of 1800Kh/ps

Earnings:

1.04 LTC / Day
7.31 LTC/ Week
31.32 LTC / Month
381.07 LTC / Year

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Actually, 4x R9 290X will give you about 3,500+ kh/s.

You can get a maximum of 900 Kh/s from each card. Max he can get 3600kh/s. Which is doubtful because you have to OC the cards to reach that high. I'd bet somewhere in the 750-ish ranger per card. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

Power usage aside. I'd say you could get around $2,000 a month running them 24/7

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

You can get a maximum of 900 Kh/s from each card. Max he can get 3600kh/s. Which is doubtful because you have to OC the cards to reach that high. I'd bet somewhere in the 750-ish ranger per card.

You can get 882 kh/s per card at 950mhz core, which is the stock clock.

You can get 882 kh/s per card at 950mhz core, which is the stock clock.

You're reading from the hardware comparison charts. Those are professionals. People that have been doing this for years. I guarantee you don't get that high a hash rate without at least 5+ hours of tweaking the intensity and such. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

for litecoin the best cost to performance is 7950's

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------

You're reading from the hardware comparison charts. Those are professionals. People that have been doing this for years. I guarantee you don't get that high a hash rate without at least 5+ hours of tweaking the intensity and such. 

it doesnt take hours to tweak, if you have the same model as they do, chances are the same settings will give you similar khash +/- 10-20 khash, which is not much