Where's all the "Behind the scenes" stuff at?

LucasM

Hello one and all;

I've followed LTT for some time now, but only on the YouTube side of things. I'm under the understanding that LMG is operating on other platforms as well.

But over the past couple of months I've been herring of these changes going on, and seeing a lot of new staff members in productions - and when losing my WAN show virginity to August 11, 2017 I found out about new office being build next to the current one but I know nothing about this.

Is there any behind the scenes stuff being published on any other platform? Am I still living under a rock?

If anyone can shed some light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

~Lucas

5 year PC Master Race Noob.

Please send help & advice on how not to be a Noob.

Many Thanks.

Much Wow.

<3

1 minute ago, 295256_1454182557 said:

Hello one and all;

I've followed LTT for some time now, but only on the YouTube side of things. I'm under the understanding that LMG is operating on other platforms as well.

But over the past couple of months I've been herring of these changes going on, and seeing a lot of new staff members in productions - and when losing my WAN show virginity to August 11, 2017 I found out about new office being build next to the current one but I know nothing about this.

Is there any behind the scenes stuff being published on any other platform? Am I still living under a rock?

If anyone can shed some light on the subject it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Kind Regards,

~Lucas

Linus has been uploading all of these updates in Floatplane Club, which is an paid early access platform for creators that is being developed by @Slickand his team of devs. It's quite pre-alpha stage right now, but if you are interested in watching LMG videos a week earlier besides all the behind the scenes stuff, you can join at (https://linustechtips.com/main/store/product/147-join-the-floatplane-club/). 

I would expect these videos to be coming out in the next couple of months. +1 to Floatplane which is a great way to support LTT, get videos earlier and in higher quality.

I edit my posts a lot.

Floatplane has some behind the scenes stuff. Mainly office updates and LTX stuff. LinusTechTips Facebook (and twitter?) have some snippet videos and pics all the time. Like extras from Headphone Wall building. Plus LTT Twitch archives ofc with Afterparties and some PAX Q&A sessions.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 minutes ago, Eaglerino said:

So much for "YouTube gets what everyone else gets"

Well he did say that he didn't thought those videos will make sense on YT.

Just now, NvidiaIntelAMDLoveTriangle said:

Well he did say that he didn't thought those videos will make sense on YT.

He did vlog stuff exactly like those videos (I'm assuming exactly like those videos) when he moved into the studio. If he doesn't want to trash his regular 1 pro video a day rhythm then I imagine he could make some random junk channel or upload them to channel super fun, people would still watch it

But it's a business, if he makes more money this way then why wouldn't he do it

21 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

So much for "YouTube gets what everyone else gets"

21 hours ago, Eaglerino said:

He did vlog stuff exactly like those videos (I'm assuming exactly like those videos) when he moved into the studio. If he doesn't want to trash his regular 1 pro video a day rhythm then I imagine he could make some random junk channel or upload them to channel super fun, people would still watch it

But it's a business, if he makes more money this way then why wouldn't he do it

Linus discussed about this either in WAN Show or in Afterparty. He said its only thing he regrets promising to begin with.

Those videos are only snippets compared to Office moving Vlogs. Which were both properly edited and 7+mins long. Longest of these has been whole 5mins. Filmed on phone or something they trust Linus to handle, no editing, usually 3mins or shorter recap of what changed. Some Linus rambling included. Nick Light did one when Linus wasn't around.

The main reason, besides Linus thinking they aren't suited for any of YT channels, not even CatTips, is that they would mess YT's search algorithm. Meaning few of those mixed in would make whole lot of videos to drop viewership, be in suggestion listings less often etc.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hello all. 

Thank you for your reply and shedding some light on the subject. 

~Lucas

5 year PC Master Race Noob.

Please send help & advice on how not to be a Noob.

Many Thanks.

Much Wow.

<3

19 hours ago, 295256_1454182557 said:

Hello all. 

Thank you for your reply and shedding some light on the subject. 

~Lucas

You will soon see what the new space looks like. Office re-organizing vlog was posted on FPC yesterday.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv