Which is quieter 212 evo or nzxt kraken

I currently have a 212 evo that works fine but want to spice up the look of my of a bit with an nzxt kraken AIO with the rgb infinity mirror cpu block.

My pc already has a reasonable hum which I'm convinced is the 212 evo.

My question is will a kraken be quieter or louder. (whichever one will fit in an nzxt phantom 530, preferably the biggest)

My thinking is a larger one can have 2 larger fans than can spin slower and he quieter??

Probably louder when idle, quieter under load. Also depends which kraken you get, of course.

It will always be quieter.

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

5 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Probably louder when idle, quieter under load. Also depends which kraken you get, of course.

Just now, JDE said:

why?

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

212 will defiantly be quieter 

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Just now, Aytex said:

wdym why, stock/aftermarket nzxt fans even at a custom curve, add that with pump noise, thats loud compared to one 212 with a aftermarket.

A 212 evo has a pretty cheap fan which is pretty loud, but the nzxt fans are pretty premium and the pump can also have a curve.

My Rig

Peripherals

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

wdym why, stock/aftermarket nzxt fans even at a custom curve, add that with pump noise, thats loud compared to one 212 with a aftermarket.

Do you think a different fan on the 212 will make much of an audible difference?

27 minutes ago, Connod said:

Do you think a different fan on the 212 will make much of an audible difference?

yes, just get a better fan

bequiet

fractal design

noctua

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 hour ago, Connod said:

Yep, but you gotta figure out a way to mount it. Try bequiet or noctua. I know be quiet silent wings 3 are very nice.

My Rig

Peripherals

It all depends on your fans.. Radiator size you go with. 120 / 240 / 280
How hot your processor gets and how much heat needs to be dissipated.. (So what Processor running at what speed? Will it be over clocked?)

What fan curve you use and what Temperature target you are aiming for. 
Will you use push / pull or just one fan..
All of this will impact the noise level of a CLC..
What noise level is acceptable is also a factor?

You will not hear the pump in that case with the side panel on over any of the fans in it..

Taking all that into account I think it all has to do with how hot your CPU gets and what speeds you run it at..

A CLC can keep a CPU cooler under load with less fan speed IF you are matching the size and type of fans of the Air Cooler.. The larger RAD your CLC the slower you can run those fans.

I had the Kraken X42 cooling a 7700k (4.8GHz) mounted in the back of a Corsair Carbine 500R using 2 Noctua NF-A14... This was much quieter than the stock single fan that came with it.. I say HAD because even though I LOVED the Infinity LED's on the PUMP It would not start up my Noctua's at boot until I booted into windows and ran that GOD awful CAM software [I had to Run the FAN's off the MB headers and not the NZXT FAN cable harness]..  It would only hold the lighting settings as long as the PC was plugged in [ If you unplugged or hit the Power Supply power switch it would loose any setting stored on the pump memory] So I returned it..

I am currently using a Cooler Masters MasterLiquid Pro 140 with my 2 Noctua's (which are again much quieter than the stock fans that come with the CLC) and at Idle It is quieter then any of the other fans in my system which is still pretty darn quiet.
I have 2 Noctua NF-P12 PWM up front which are also whisper quiet..
1 BitFenix BFF-LPRO-20025B-RP Spectre Pro 200mm LED Case Fan, Blue in the side..

2 of Cryorig CR-XTA 140mm Slim Profile PWM System Case Fan up top (I wanted the Slim fans to fit on top of the 500R)
I sit directly next to my PC about 1 foot from it and it is very quiet to me.. 
Under game load I do not hear it over the GPU Fan.. Kinda of a low drone pitch..

I do plan on getting a 212 Evo as a backup cooler in the event I have any issues (IE the pump stops working) - Which happened to my Neptune 140XL that was replaced my Cooler Master for the MasterLiquid Pro 140 which took less than 30 days
(Why I tried out the Kraken)  
I really wish the Kraken would have worked out for me because IT is Beautiful.. I was ready to upgrade my case to one with Tempered Glass just to show off the lovely CLC.
The Software is just crap in my opinion.. And the fact that it would not cool the CPU very well until you booted into windows and ran CAM..
(Like If you booted into BIOS or ran non Windows OS)

Are you sure the current hum is from 212, though? It could be anything with moving parts. I've seen many threads where initial cause was said to be fan but turned out to be vibrating HDD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Depends on how much fans you put on the 212 and what radiator size you use on the Kraken.
The high-end Kraken would have 2 fans on the radiator and a pump making noise, 212 can have 2 fans of the same size as the Kraken.
If you can get the RPM down on the kraken due to better cooling it can be quieter over a 212 but water cooling needs to be saturated before knowing how much noise it really will make under load with the water being on the max temp vs the heat dissipation of the radiator.
However a bigger radiator will be better as dissipating heat then the small ones, also thinner radiator will help.