The bigger water loop, the quieter and cooler it will be ?!

Hey, guys.

So I and my friend had a talk another day about the liquid cooling loop. 

It supposed to be somewhere quieter, and better in performance than the air cooling. (Depending of-course, about what level of quiet we talking about. When I go to sleep, I drop my Noctua nh15 to 700 rpm, and I can go sleep without hearing any thing, while PC 1 meter away from my head.  )

I never heard the noise of pump, how much noise it makes, and how much.

But we not talking about that big of a difference.

So what actually I wanted to make sure of, is that the longer loop the less rpm you will need on fans, and the cooler it will be. 

Meaning, and please correct me, if I am wrong. 

Let's say we running a single loop, of GTX 1080 Ti, and 4790k, none is been overclocked, 1 pump and 1 reservoir, and 180mm radiator.

The loop is (i will talk in litters ), 1 liters long. and cooled by 180mm radiator, with speed fans of 2000 rpm. While playing Bf4, temp. are 50 degrees.

If we will make the same loop, 2 liters long, and cool by the same 180mm radiator, with 1200 rpm, and playing the same BF4 game, the temps will be about same 50 degrees, is that correct ?!  I hope you get the idea of where I go with that. 

By the way the temps, I am talking about the loop it self, not the parts a part (GPU and CPU together ). 

let's take the same loop, make it 3 liters long, the same 180mm radiator, 800 rpm, the temps should be 40-50?

This is what I was thinking, so please correct me if I am wrong.

The longer the loop, then more heat will spread, then less fan speed you need to cool it, as it will be cooled over the time, till it gets back to the origin of the heat ?! 

Anyway, I hope, I explained it corecctly.

If not, please tell me so. 

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

Storage - Samsung 970 EvoPlus 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB + 6TB HDD,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Sound - Logitech Z906 5.1 THX Surround Sound Speaker System

it will take longer for the water to heat up because you have more to heat up, and you might see a 'drop' of 2c, because you need to heat up more water, but you're still dissipating the same amount of heat in all three scenarios 

aka a load of bullshit 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

aka a load of bullshit 

Emm. what is a load of bs?

The idea? Or my question?

CPU - AMD 5800XMotherboard - ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING , Memory  - G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 ,

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MSI SUPRIM X 12G,  Case - 4000D AIRFLOW Tempered Glass Mid - Tower ATX Case - Black ,

PSU - Corsair HX1000 , Display -  ASUS TUF Gaming VG27A 165HZ + Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor , Cooling - Noctua NH-D15 Black , 

Keyboard - Razer Stalker , Mouse - Logitec G502 Wireless , Operating System - Win 10 Pro , 

Just now, keavlar said:

Emm. what is a load of bs?

The idea? Or my question?

the outcome 

you're just delaying the inevitable of the water all heating up from ambient to the settling point of how much you can dissipate and how much heat is generated 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

the outcome 

you're just delaying the inevitable of the water all heating up from ambient to the settling point of how much you can dissipate and how much heat is generated 

Oh ok. (By the way, insane response time you have, almost, as if you following me, or sitting next to me, and making answers ready XD. )

Is there something you would suggest to have a quiet loop?

I love to keep my Pc running at night,  for movies and so. 

I have only the CPU been cooled by Noctua, at 700-800 rpm, and I can't hear a thing from them. 

What should I do to have the same result with a liquid loop?

Not necessarily to either question. For temperatures, beyond a certain point you'll see no difference. If you're trying to cool a Pentium G4560 with a 480mm rad, you'll see no noticeable difference than with a 120mm rad.

As for noise, every moving part you add(fan, pump, etc) adds more noise. With more fans, the argument is that you can reduce fan speed to quieten it, but that only works so much. For example, you could use a 280mm rad with 2x140mm fans and have it cool something like an unlocked i5 or Ryzen CPU and a GTX 1070/1080 sufficiently. Or, you could grab a 480mm rad for the GPU and 360mm rad for the CPU hoping it will give better temps/noise. The end result will be slightly better temperatures and similar noise level since you now have 7x120mm fans running slower, as opposed to 2x140mm fans running at a higher speed.

What I'd do is grab a 420mm rad, 3 quiet 140mm fans and you're good to go for a single CPU + single GPU system. Whether or not it will be quieter than your Noctua cooler depends entirely on your CPU/GPU and the fans you use. 

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

3 minutes ago, keavlar said:

Oh ok. (By the way, insane response time you have, almost, as if you following me, or sitting next to me, and making answers ready XD. )

I have only the CPU been cooled by Noctua, at 700-800 rpm, and I can't hear a thing from them. 

If you already can;t hear your Noctua cooler, what is the reason for a custom loop? No need to make something you can't hear quieter.

Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7GHz | Asus Maximus VII Hero | NZXT Kraken X61 | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro(Red) @ 1866MHz | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 250GB Samsung 850-EVO | 2- way SLI Asus Strix GTX 970's @ 1500MHz | EVGA 750W G2 | NZXT H440(black/red) | 3x120mm Sharkoon Shark Blade fans(red) | 3x140mm Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 fans |

5 minutes ago, keavlar said:

iirc water cooling via retail loop would give you at max 5c less while having more failure points and being slightly louder in idles and possibly loads

no idea on custom or water cooling tbh

nh15 is pretty good from what ive heard and is competitive with water coolers 

also, i get notifs, and im bored at 4am. 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, Sanctorum said:

If you already can;t hear your Noctua cooler, what is the reason for a custom loop? No need to make something you can't hear quieter.

The reason my friends for the liquid loop: 

1- looks nice, depending on how you build it. 

2- you can cool the GPU, while on fans it makes much more noise. 

3- I love to build, make something with PC. If I could, I would buy every week some new parts, to build a new PC. 

I wish I had a room, or a place, like most of the people in USA, CA, to store tools and making a costume Pc, tables, etc. 

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

also, i get notifs, and im bored at 4am. 

XD...  11:00 Here! I am bored at work!   Nice to meet ya ! 

Just now, keavlar said:

XD...  11:00 Here! I am bored at work!   Nice to meet ya ! 

shitposting at home to get that small dose of happiness when i help someone, hi 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

shitposting at home to get that small dose of happiness when i help someone, hi 

dd2d2e7f6959675c0ec52bffe43e9f3a--tears-of-joy-smiley-faces.jpg

Just now, keavlar said:

The reason my friends for the liquid loop: 

1- looks nice, depending on how you build it. 

So not just silence then? That's fine, but if silence was your end goal, a cooler upgrade would be pointless. If you just want a custom loop, go for it. Just be prepared for it not to be completely silent lol.

1 minute ago, keavlar said:

2- you can cool the GPU, while on fans it makes much more noise. 

Ehh, not necessarily, just set a fan curve so that the GPU fans don't spin unless under load. There you go, quieter than a custom loop until you put the GPU under load, which is pretty much just going to happen when you're gaming. At which point, I very much doubt silence is much of an issue.

Just now, keavlar said:

dd2d2e7f6959675c0ec52bffe43e9f3a--tears-of-joy-smiley-faces.jpg

one does not use that type of emoji

the iOS one is used, and only the iOS one. pm me before this thread derails too much 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

pm me before this thread derails too much 

Sorry, could you explain what that means?xD 

2 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Ehh, not necessarily, just set a fan curve so that the GPU fans don't spin unless under load. There you go, quieter than a custom loop until you put the GPU under load, which is pretty much just going to happen when you're gaming. At which point, I very much doubt silence is much of an issue.

Already on that setup.

And about the silence work.

Well, I do just wanna make a liquid build. But I was interested also in making it silent. Until I will have the PC setup in a separate room. 

Just now, keavlar said:

Already on that setup.

And about the silence work.

Well, I do just wanna make a liquid build. But I was interested also in making it silent. Until I will have the PC setup in a separate room. 

Just get a slightly bigger rad than you actually need so that you can run fans slower, but still not have TOO many fans. Make sure to get good, quiet fans, and you're good to go. Also try go for 140mm fans instead of 120mm, so a 280mm or 420mm rad if possible.

2 minutes ago, Sanctorum said:

Just get a slightly bigger rad than you actually need so that you can run fans slower, but still not have TOO many fans. Make sure to get good, quiet fans, and you're good to go. Also try go for 140mm fans instead of 120mm, so a 280mm or 420mm rad if possible.

9_9

well if your looking for something that is silent (though I hear the build quality isn't all that great and sometimes it can turn up damaged!)  there is always a custom loop build you can try! 

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13793/ex-rad-269/Alphacool_Cape_Cora_HF_642_Konvekt_Black_Passive_Radiator.html 

I can't recommend it myself as I haven't seen it in action or how something like this might work or perform!!! 

EDIT: - Not recommended - 

@keavlar, it is the more radiator surface area, be it thicker or just more like say 2x 180mm(360mm effective)  or this heat eater for the GPU and CPU or  per component the allows for quieter, meaning fans can run at a lower speed ODed or not.  Liters is more volume than lungth.

One other factor will be radiator placement, when in the case your will have other heat making components adding to the internal heat but if it were outside, by outside i mean hanging on the window sill on the outside of the house. Also with the new 0db vardar fans you can set say a curve like you now do for GPUs for regarding temperature to trigger the fans to run.

All that would happen is that it would just take longer to saturate the radiator's cooling performance with the 2x 180mm radiators or if it would even be possible to do it for the hear eater.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Basically the more radiators you have the more heat transfer you have, which means you can run the fans at a slower RPM and maintain cooling performance.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

i read somewhere that each fan you add adds 3 dbs. some one asked if 4 60mm fans would be better then 1 120mm fan and no its not.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links