How Can I get Ethernet speed upstairs for gaming

WolfLoverPro

Ok so my wifi is just the worst in my area I can't get fibre and so I mean it gets 10down 0.60 upload WICH IS making me unhappy as I cannot stream thanks to it so well to just speeed it up that fraction more for gaming speeds how can I get Ethernet speed UPstairs because my router has to be down stairs and my pc is up and well I most likely won't me allowed it still a hole into the roof and also I would most likely make the whole roof fall down so how can I do this ? 

Is tnhere a way like idk a wifi card but it gets as fast as a wired connection or shall I just buy a 90meter Ethernet cable and chuck it out the window and connect it xD seriously that's would work but then because it would be so long wouldn't it be as fast 

Length doesn't really start mattering for a long while. You can find some places for some holes...

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

Ethernet > wifi.

It'd be cheaper anyway

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I would just suggest the 90 metre long ethernet cable because bandwidth wouldnt be a problem.

do some wifi engineering and try to make the best 2.4GHz network you could or 5GHZ if your not too far away and it lightly used (not too many people use it around me so its faster and more free channels), upgrade your router antenna, run some cables even if its just stapled to out side of your house it would work better 

or if your lucky get a power line adapter but most of the time power lines aren't wired that conveniently and theres usually a breaker inbetween you and the router

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

Get a long ethernet cable and just run it underneath the doors :)

Or get an outdoor ethernet cable and run it outside through your window.

PC: Case: Cooler Master CM690 II - PSU: Cooler Master G650M - RAM: Transcend 4x 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz - MoBo: Gigabyte Z87x-D3H - CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5Ghz - GPU: MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC - Hard disks: 4x 500Gb Seagate enterprise in RAID 0 - SSD: Crucial M4 128Gb

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S6

I am running 40 meter long cable from the modem that is located at the first floor, I took my time and ran it behind furniture then outside via windows then up to my room.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

48 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Ok so my wifi is just the worst in my area I can't get fibre and so I mean it gets 10down 0.60 upload WICH IS making me unhappy as I cannot stream thanks to it so well to just speeed it up that fraction more for gaming speeds how can I get Ethernet speed UPstairs because my router has to be down stairs and my pc is up and well I most likely won't me allowed it still a hole into the roof and also I would most likely make the whole roof fall down so how can I do this ? 

Is tnhere a way like idk a wifi card but it gets as fast as a wired connection or shall I just buy a 90meter Ethernet cable and chuck it out the window and connect it xD seriously that's would work but then because it would be so long wouldn't it be as fast 

If you have Coax in both places you can look in to MOCA. It uses the Coax like Ethernet cabling. Depending on the adapters you pick up, you should be able to get close to Gigabit speeds. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• Long Ethernet cable
  • Powerline Network Adapter
  • Coax Network Adapter

Back in the days of dial-up Internet, my best friend in high school would just toss a long phone line out his window and into the kitchen window to connect to the phone jack. A viable option, but parents don't tend to like having the windows left open at night. With Ethernet, the distance won't matter, it will still be better than Wi-Fi.

2 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

power-line is a good option

i do that for my pc

i like trains 🙂

You could go down the road of buying like a Tp Link Archer WiFi card.. but cost effectiveness wise just get some Cat 5E of a good length and run it

I would highly suggest running an ethernet cable.  This may just be my personal case, but once I updated my pc to Windows 10 Creators, I've been having wireless issues left and right.  Switch to my MacBook Pro and I have no issues.  Ethernet is just simply faster, cheaper, more reliable, and you don't have to deal with any handshaking issues that come from wireless.

An ethernet cable is an ideal soloution, but having a power line adapter is probably the next best thing

It uses the mains power to transfer data, it does have a speed drop off and will add a bit of latency but overall it works well