Buying my parts

SnowyCat

OhSo recently I had enough money to buy a graphics card. I have a i3-3320 clocked at 3.6ghz and 6 gb of ram. I was just wondering if my cpu would bottleneck my 1050ti I'm also worried that my case won't fit my case I have a pcie slot for it but I don't know how companies measure the graphics card so if it doesn't do fit I'll be stuck with a useless gpu

i don't think the bottleneck will be to big of a deal (not sure tho, only in cpu intensive games i guess)

What case do you have, it might be handy to know for us, so we can try to help

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

I think the only bottleneck you may face is your ram [however 6gb is fine respectively], I'd upgrade to 16gb when possible as most min-specs are about 8-10gb

2 hours ago, SnowyCat said:

OhSo recently I had enough money to buy a graphics card. I have a i3-3320 clocked at 3.6ghz and 6 gb of ram. I was just wondering if my cpu would bottleneck my 1050ti I'm also worried that my case won't fit my case I have a pcie slot for it but I don't know how companies measure the graphics card so if it doesn't do fit I'll be stuck with a useless gpu

shouldnt be that expensive to get more ddr3 ram, do that and you will have an ok entry-mid level system.

6 hours ago, SnowyCat said:

If you've got a standard size case, a 1050Ti should definitely fit.

If you have a micro ATX or mini ITX case, it should still fit usually. Check the manual of the case for the max length of graphics cards it can fit. Next, check the length of the actual graphics card.

Usually, the graphics card will fit all but the smallest cases.

i3 will run most of todays games like crap. Many games are running 12 threads or more. While your i3 may seem fine to you a better CPU would probably blow your mind. I would not run a 1050ti with an i3, you will get a bottleneck with games like GTAV and BF1.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430