Gpu for old pc

Imatechnoob

Okay, so I wanna play Terraria, Gmod and tf2 what graphics card would be the minimum, because I don't know if my current video card is good enough. help please

integrated graphics could run those just get a cheap 750 ti or something and you will bbe fie

My Personal Computer

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz (OC 3.8) 6-Core Processor

Cpu cooler DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 240EX WHITE 
Motherboard: MSI - B350 TOMAHAWK ARCTIC ATX AM4 Motherboard 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz RAM 8x3

Storage: SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 256GB SATA III

Storage:SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
Video Card: RTX 2060
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (White) ATX Mid Tower Case 
Power Supply: EVGA 550 B3 550W

Peripherals

Monitor: Acer XF240H 24" TN Free-Sync ,144 Hz 

Keyboard: Corsair k95 RGB platinum

Mouse: Razer basilisk

Headset: Hyperx cloud alpha pro

What specs so we don't get s CPU or GPU bottle neck

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Just now, Billy_Mays said:

What specs so we don't get s CPU or GPU bottle neck

Doesn't matter he probaly doesn't need anything at all as long as his build is less than 5 years old 

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

Doesn't matter he probaly doesn't need anything at all as long as his build is less than 5 years old 

Yeah thats a possibility 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

5 minutes ago, idontknowwhy said:

what are current pc specs?

Msi military class 2013 motherboard

I'm getting 1/2 gb ram

And about 320gb hard drive

1 minute ago, Imatechnoob said:

Msi military class 2013 motherboard

I'm getting 1/2 gb ram

And about 320gb hard drive

Yeah but what is your CPU? Also, why only 512mb RAM?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah but what is your CPU? Also, why only 512mb RAM?

No 1 or 2 

Also I don't know, where can I find that. Sorry to bother

1 minute ago, Imatechnoob said:

No 1 or 2 

Oh right I see. No problem. Are you looking to buy new or used parts?

My Rig:

Xeon E5 1680 V2 @ 4.5GHz - Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 Mobo - 64GB DDR3 1600MHz - 8 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile - CAS 10-10-10-27 - AMD Radeon RX 6700XT Sapphire Pulse 12GB - DeepCool E-Shield E-ATX Tempered Glass Case - 1 x 1TB Crucial P1 NVMe SSD - BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850W Gold+ Quad rail - Fractal Design Celsius S36 & 6 x 120mm silent fans - Lenovo KBBH21 - Corsair Glaive RGB Pro - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Monitors - 3 x Acer Nitro 23.8" 1080p 75Hz IPS 1ms Freesync Panels = AMD Eyefinity @ 75Hz

3 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Oh right I see. No problem. Are you looking to buy new or used parts?

Cheap ones, but where can I see what cpu I have? I thought a cpu whas in your motherboard

5 minutes ago, Imatechnoob said:

No 1 or 2 

if youre on windows 10 right click start and choose system, it will tell you your CPU and RAM there. if you are on Windows 7, click start, right click computer, and choose system properties to bring up the same menu.

Just now, Imatechnoob said:

Cheap ones, but where can I see what cpu I have? I thought a couple is in your motherboard

No, I'm sorry to say but you have to buy a CPU separately. If you have already bought the motherboard can you give us a picture of the model number

My Rig:

Just now, y0y0ninja said:

if youre on windows 10 right click start and choose system, it will tell you your CPU and RAM there. if you are on Windows 7, click start, right click computer, and choose system properties to bring up the same menu.

My PC is not working yet haha I need a new hard drive and

Some ram

Just now, Brennan_Price said:

No, I'm sorry to say but you have to buy a CPU separately. If you have already bought the motherboard can you give us a picture of the model number

Oh no I have one I think, is it under this fan that's on your mother board?

2 minutes ago, Imatechnoob said:

Oh no I have one I think, is it under this fan that's on your mother board?

Yeah it should be under the fan and the heatsink. The heatsink is the piece of metal with fins that the fan is attached to. The fan and the heatsink together are called a CPU cooler and you can take them both off at the same time to find out your CPU name. You will have to clear away the thermal paste to see the name so you will have to reapply thermal paste too.

Edit, if you have the Motherboard, CPU and RAM plus the power supply you can boot that instead and see the CPU name through your BIOS. Often pressing Delete or F2 on startup.

My Rig:

2 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah it should be under the fan and the heatsink. The heatsink is the piece of metal with fins that the fan is attached to. The fan and the heatsink together are called a CPU cooler and you can take them both off at the same time to find out your CPU name. You will have to clear away the thermal paste to see the name so you will have to reapply thermal paste too.

Edit, if you have the Motherboard, CPU and RAM plus the power supply you can boot that instead and see the CPU name through your BIOS. Often pressing Delete or F2 on star

but I don't have thermal paste to re apply I'll try what you said about running it without a hdd and my poor 1gb ram bcause I can't go upstairs rn.

but I don't have thermal paste to re apply I'll try what you said about running it without a hdd and my poor 1gb ram bcause I can't go upstairs rn.

4 minutes ago, Brennan_Price said:

Edit, if you have the Motherboard, CPU and RAM plus the power supply you can boot that instead and see the CPU name through your BIOS. Often pressing Delete or F2 on startup.

So basically if I buy a better cpu my PC runs faster? Or am I wrong on that one.

Yeah ok, run the system without the HDD and you should see on the BIOS splash screen it saying to press a key to load into set up or something

My Rig:

So basically if I buy a better cpu my PC runs faster? Or am I wrong on that one.

Yeah but lets what CPU you have first before you possibly upgrade. The CPU might be still decent and you may not have to upgrade.

My Rig:

15 hours ago, Brennan_Price said:

Yeah but lets what CPU you have first before you possibly upgrade. The CPU might be still decent and you may not have to upgrade.

Okay watch this

VID_20170809_155323.mp4

15 minutes ago, Imatechnoob said:

Also the heatsink is lose wtf, help mee

You need to spend an hour or two watching some PC hardware basics videos on youtube because we can't walk you through much if you know absolutely nothing

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

1 minute ago, Moress said:

You need to spend an hour or two watching some PC hardware basics videos on youtube because we can't walk you through much if you know absolutely nothing

I did ty, I reacted that way bc I didn't know that, but anyway here is my cpu an stuff, how do I take that thing off bc ik scared if I pull that little lever that it's gonna break

1502288044278-1184900613.jpg

3 minutes ago, Imatechnoob said:

I did ty, I reacted that way bc I didn't know that, but anyway here is my cpu an stuff, how do I take that thing off bc ik scared if I pull that little lever that it's gonna break

1502288044278-1184900613.jpg

You'll need 2 things now, a tube of thermal paste to apply when you put that heatsink back on, as well as a piece of paper towel dampened with at least 70% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). Take that paper towel and wipe off the thermal paste off that cpu so we can see the writing under it. 

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED