i just bought a sager np8157 laptop, and the power brick that comes with it is a 230W power brick. and i was looking for some tips to help me solve my issue. at the end of september ill be traveling, and since i plan on playing games, i know the battery wont last long. im flying across the country and the plane wont have any power outlet. i was looking for a battery bank or some sort of solution for my problem. i am open to the option of getting a lower wattage power supply and buying a battery bank that only outputs around 100w.

Pretty low for a laptop of that caliber, but consider the Dart laptop charger. Its 65 watts, but it may be what you need to just charge it slowly and be able to use it while it's charging. Either way, I doubt you'll be able to do much gaming on it while on the go. 

with your laptop theres no easy way to power it for a full gaming session on a plane

and airline outlets are not designed to power 200watt gaming laptops

Photography / Finance / Gaming

1 minute ago, Septimus said:

Pretty low for a laptop of that caliber, but consider the Dart laptop charger. Its 65 watts, but it may be what you need to just charge it slowly and be able to use it while it's charging. 

thats fine for movie watching 

but under a full gaming load hes going to eat through his battery - and then that low wattage adapter isnt going to be able to power his laptop under load....

1 minute ago, Septimus said:

Pretty low for a laptop of that caliber, but consider the Dart laptop charger. Its 65 watts, but it may be what you need to just charge it slowly and be able to use it while it's charging. 

ive only seen portable, battery banks output 100w max, otherwise i would look for the full 230w

i can always limit myself to light gaming or movies or word press on the plane. i just want something that's more of a supplement rather than a whole charge

im pretty sure airlines have a strict limit on carrying large batteries on flights - i dont think its allowed, theres enough instances of people not being able to take their large power banks, and even drone batteries and large Red camera batteries as carry on - they have to put in luggage

or maybe dont play games on your laptop during the flight....

and take a moment to marvel and reflect at the though humans achieving flight in a tin can miles above the earth surface