Portable Ac

Microsoft Master
1 minute ago, lkuseian said:

you are probably better off with this ( i have one with a medium sized room and it just about handles keeping it cold)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-Electronics-Refurbished-LP0814-RB-8-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-White/40608126

Used to have one of those.

They are amazing!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

also in that home depot ad you linked i love the picture of it in a tent, that is probably the most apt situation for it xDxD

9 hours ago, Microsoft Master said:

Holy cow.  $179 USD for only 1200 BTU!?

• Emulates a similar natural air cooling process unlike most air conditioners that simply create a strong flow of cold dry air that may lead to catching a cold

Ha ha ha ha.  Colds are not caused by cold air.  Gotta love it when your product's features include 'Grandma's Folksy Superstitions'.

14 hours ago, lkuseian said:

uhmmm that thig is rated for 45 square feet do you live in a closet?

Sorry for answering soo late but my room is like 75 square feet and hell no to the dyson fan i just need some ac cause i live in florida

13 minutes ago, Microsoft Master said:

Sorry for answering soo late but my room is like 75 square feet and hell no to the dyson fan i just need some ac cause i live in florida

You should get a real air conditioner.  That thing costs as MUCH as a small 3000-5000 BTU unit while offering much less cooling.  Also it seems to offer a wide range from '350-1200' BTU, this is a big range between 'Squat' and 'Not a lot'.

Finally, and this is critical, this is an EVAPORATIVE cooler.  It evaporates water to cool things and this is not hookum, it's a sound method of cooling... In arid climates like say, Arizona.  However in an area where much of your discomfort is caused by humidity such as Florida, this machine will not only not remove humidity from the air but it will ADD to the humidity because it's evaporating air into your space.

Your own body even uses evaporation cooling to moderate body temperature but as the humidity goes up the sweat stops evaporating off your skin, instead collecting and beading on your skin, leaving you feeling wet and gross.  Evaporation his dramatically hindered as humidity rises.

14 hours ago, lkuseian said:

you are probably better off with this ( i have one with a medium sized room and it just about handles keeping it cold)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LG-Electronics-Refurbished-LP0814-RB-8-000-BTU-Portable-Air-Conditioner-White/40608126

these things are amazingly efficient ^^^

i've seen a couple around. Not expensive either. Better than a window unit imo because you can easily put it up/take it down. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1