That confuse me a lot ??!

When i watch this video of linus xD i see something realy weird ??? Where the Iron procesor plate its connected on the green plastic plate ??? Probably he have a tiny tiny smally connector but i SEE NOTHING 0_0 the only thing a see its a solid peice of metal paste on a plastic plate ???! xDIMG_1317.thumb.PNG.ba106e8056c6cf2473db97f118d33ad6.PNG

Do you mean how the head die is attached to the CPU?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

3 minutes ago, fixitnow said:

Do you mean how the head die is attached to the CPU?

Yeah how the head is attack to the green plate ?? I only see linus add termal paste and i litteraly cut off with a knife ?? Without remove or disconect nothing like when you revove the top plate of oreo xD

1 minute ago, SirDougue said:

Yeah how the head is attack to the green plate ?? I only see linus add termal paste and i litteraly cut off with a knife ?? Without remove or disconect nothing like when you revove the top plate of oreo xD

Its held in place with TIM glue, I believe but correct me if I am wrong. The process is known as deliding a CPU. Many people do this to an i7, as the latest version has cheap TIM so it runs way too hot. As long as you have the right tool to do it' I can't imagine its too hard

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Took me some time to realize what you ware trying to tell.

Its just glued together

It doesn't need to be connected with the heat spreader.

The heatspreader gets the heat from the die and then you put your cooler on the heat spreader to dissipate heat from it. The heatspreader exists so the die doesnt get damaged by the cooler

3 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

Took me some time to realize what you ware trying to tell.

Its just glued together

It doesn't need to be connected with the heat spreader.

The heatspreader gets the heat from the die and then you put your cooler on the heat spreader to dissipate heat from it. The heatspreader exists so the die doesnt get damaged by the cooler

So the iron plate its just a thing who will help the (die) to dessipate the heat ? And the true proccesor its the little (steel) thing in the middle of the green plate ?

4 minutes ago, SirDougue said:

So the iron plate its just a thing who will help the (die) to dessipate the heat ? And the true proccesor its the little (steel) thing in the middle of the green plate ?

It doesn't help it makes things worse actually. That's why people de lid

It protects the die from damage with direct damage from the cooler

22 minutes ago, SirDougue said:

A)

the large outer plate is nickel coated copper

B) 

The "steel" is silicon. 

The outer shell/heatspreader is there so idiots don't Crack the silicon or short out stuff.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

9 minutes ago, Damascus said:

A)

the large outer plate is nickel coated copper

B) 

The "steel" is silicon. 

The outer shell/heatspreader is there so idiots don't Crack the silicon or short out stuff.

it's also there to allow the mounting mechanism of LGA socket to apply enough force so the all the pins touch all the pads

the resilience against idiots is just a bonus

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

38 minutes ago, SirDougue said:

no, no, no the iron plate is the true processor, the green plate is RAM and  the little steel thing in the middle is hard drive

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K