Can I trust newegg?

Xxetro
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

Newegg is a reputable store, as long as the item you buy is said to be sold and shipped from Newegg and not some third party using the newegg marketplace. (similar to how Amazon has items that are fulfilled by Amazon and others by third party)

I've seen so many negative reviews about them online so I don't know if I should buy my parts there just from my first impression. Do you guys trust newegg and have gotten a positive experience from them?

US, CA, Taiwan, China? Which one?

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

2 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

US, CA, Taiwan, China? Which one?

US

Just now, Xxetro said:

US

Yes

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

Never had a negative experience. Been shopping there for at least 5+ years

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I find that the people who have given negative reviews didn't try contacting Newegg, and if they did, they called and complained like a 3 year old who wanted candy.

Think about it like this: If Newegg was pretty bad,  they'd have gone down under a long time ago.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Only problem I've had with newegg, is not having enough money to buy everything they sell. 

Newegg is a reputable store, as long as the item you buy is said to be sold and shipped from Newegg and not some third party using the newegg marketplace. (similar to how Amazon has items that are fulfilled by Amazon and others by third party)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

just stay the hell away from newegg marketplace.

True overall.  Just watch who the marketplace seller is.  If it is EKWB you are fine.   Bobs Computer and car parts...  Well I would skip that one.  

Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Make this the best answer. 

Newegg started to allow third party to use its e-store platform to sell items, kinda like Amazon.

If you want to ensure teh best experience, make sure your product comes form Newegg. The site will tell you if the seller is Newegg themselves or a third party (which your experience will depend on the third party reputation). Amazon is so big and so critical for sellers, that Amazon can take the stand to nearly always favor the buyer and not the seller. Newegg, which needs sellers, takes seller sides, and hence why you read about these bad experiences.

Only problem with Newegg is that they still aren't in Europe

When I can't get what I need in Microcenter, Newegg is where I go.  Just be careful with some of their sales.  Sometimes they aren't a bargain.  Other than that they are awesome.  They even have a distribution center in New Jersey so I get things most of the time next day.

7900X, Asus X670-E ROG Strix , 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000, 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB NVME, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME,  EVGA RTX3080TI FTW3

EVGA Supernova P2 1000 PSU w/ CableMod, Asus Xonar DSX, Lian Li Galahad 360, Hyte Y60, Corsair K70, EVGA Torq X10, (1) Alienware AW3418DW Ultrawide, (1) Acer Predator XB271HU 1440P, Logitech G535