LTX HQ , Scanned by Drone.

Jared_Reabow

So on my visit to Canada, I brought along two of my drones and decided it would be interesting to try and scan LMG HQ into the digital relm.

Here is the result: http://drdp.ly/8TkVLN

There is a 2d and 3d scan represented here.

It is not the best quality because people kept moving around and also because i simply didn't get enough photos.

Here is a pano, i will retry this also as it is stitching wierdly: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155597428917094&set=a.10155597426232094.1073741840.629127093&type=3

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjared.reabow%2Fposts%2F10155597428917094%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="503" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Prototype Engineer - Oxford Hackspace

Isn't this, like, illegal or something?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Jared_Reabow said:

i asked them for permission to do so :)

Damn.... this is legit. Super cool

Capture.PNG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

12 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Isn't this, like, illegal or something?

why would it be?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

why would it be?

well its their property after all

Just now, Jared_Reabow said:

well its their property after all

public space(around it?)

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Just now, KOMTechAndGaming said:

public space(around it?)

well there is a lot of complexity to this,either way can we drop the argument and comment on the pink lambo

well there is a lot of complexity to this,either way can we drop the argument and comment on the pink lambo

pink lambo

i might've paid too much for the pink lambo ride

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

nonsence!

Just now, themctipers said:

i might've paid too much for the pink lambo ride

nonsense, its quality, it even has seat belts!

Coming from England, i am surprised what is road legal in the US.

nonsence!

nonsense, its quality, it even has seat belts!

Coming from England, i am surprised what is road legal in the US.

see you in the lambo 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

sadly there were no tickets left so i couldn't buy one :(

only a std ticket.

Just now, Okjoek said:

That's pretty cool.

thanks

55 minutes ago, Jared_Reabow said:

So on my visit to Canada, I brought along two of my drones and decided it would be interesting to try and scan LMG HQ into the digital relm.

Here is the result: http://drdp.ly/8TkVLN

There is a 2d and 3d scan represented here.

It is not the best quality because people kept moving around and also because i simply didn't get enough photos.

Here is a pano, i will retry this also as it is stitching wierdly: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10155597428917094&set=a.10155597426232094.1073741840.629127093&type=3

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fjared.reabow%2Fposts%2F10155597428917094%3A0&width=500" width="500" height="503" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

You understand that this is illegal, right?  You can't operate a drone within 9km of an aerodrome.  The LMG building is less than 9km from the Langly regional Airport.

https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/solutions/collaborative/civuas/uav_site_selection_tool.html

Handy map showing you all the places you can't use a drone.  It covers most of the Vancouver area.

Maybe, as a guest in our nation, you could refrain from violating our air safety laws?  If not, go back to where you came from?

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

You understand that this is illegal, right?  You can't operate a drone within 9km of an aerodrome.  The LMG building is less than 9km from the Langly regional Airport.

https://www.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/eng/solutions/collaborative/civuas/uav_site_selection_tool.html

Handy map showing you all the places you can't use a drone.  It covers most of the Vancouver area.

Maybe, as a guest in our nation, you could refrain from violating our air safety laws?  If not, go back to where you came from?

even below 200ft?
Sorry about that, i didn't know there was an airport in langley.
either way, no need to be so harsh.

even below 200ft?

does that law apply to drones under 250grams btw?

3 minutes ago, Jared_Reabow said:

even below 200ft?

You're also required to have your name, address, and telephone number must be clearly marked on your drone regardless of where you are operating it at.

The fine from Transport Canada is $5000, BTW.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

You're also required to have your name, address, and telephone number must be clearly marked on your drone regardless of where you are operating it at.

The fine from Transport Canada is $5000, BTW.

my details are on the aircraft BTW....

my details are on the aircraft BTW....

So i was at less than 300ft, flying in a recreational situation, not for work with several property owners permission.
BELOW tree height and some structures height in the area, LOS.
With a sub 1kg drone for those panos.

16 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Get off the I ternet if you cant deal with law breakers. 

I'm going to go to Canada and find your house just to fly a drone iside to scan your floorplan and security systems then bust in GTA 5 style with knock out gas and take all your stuff 

Take your mother too so we can ransomed her off. Or have fun making a painting out of her blood and sending it to you if no one pays 

Just now, GrayZ said:

Get off the I ternet if you cant deal with law breakers. 

I'm going to go to Canada and find your house just to fly a drone iside to scan your floorplan and security systems then bust in GTA 5 style with knock out gas and take all your stuff 

Cmon man, not cool.
The guy has a point, it just is not as relevant as he thinks it is.
There are people who will fly dangerously with their drones.
They will put them in situations that put others at risk, he doesn't know if i am a responsible flyer.

Cmon man, not cool.
The guy has a point, it just is not as relevant as he thinks it is.
There are people who will fly dangerously with their drones.
They will put them in situations that put others at risk, he doesn't know if i am a responsible flyer.

Yes it is really dumb. A kid flying for fun and their like oh we're gonna a fine you 5k

Even what you did shouldn't be punishable it's not like you interested with a time it has company's from anyone. 

The reason laws are made to be broken is because some laws shouldn't be there in the first place. At least not so broad where you can't even fly in your backyard or he'll even inside your  house if you close to an airport