H100i 3930k Temps?

Hey guys! Just OCd my 3930k to 4.2GHz (previously it was 4.0GHz) and got these temps. I am using the standard fans that come with the H100i in a push config. Please tell me if they are good or not just to be safe. (4.2GHz Turbo)

http://prntscr.com/278gf9

Main Rig: Intel i7 3930k @4.0GHz---8GB Ballistix @1600MHz---Asus P9X79 Pro---Samsung 840 Pro 128GB---3TB HDD Config---2x GTX 780Ti 3GB---Windows 7 Ultimate

Laptop: Late 2012 13" Retina MacBook Pro---2.5GHz Dual i5---8GB DDR3 @1600MHz---128GB PCI-E SSD---Intel HD4000 1GB---OSX 10.10 Yosemite

Phone: Nexus 4

They're fine. You can go up to 80 celcius just fine. 

You should really be shooting for at least 4.5-4.6 ghz with the h100i.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Not so bad. I'd keep it at somewhere of 70-75 degrees for performance but thats a good overclock :)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

what are you using to test it? i suggest using ibt.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

I have my 3930k at 4.5 GHz and it idles around 40 and loads at 72ish on an H100i.  I have one hot core and my room heats up, but I'm reasonably happy with my temperatures.  

I think the vcore is the more concerning parameter for a 3930k. These are hot chips no matter how you look at it.  Don't set your vcore above 1.4V, I believe I have mine set at 1.325V, and watch what you set your LLC to (see http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/24019-load-line-calibration-why-overclockers-should-care/).  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

I have my 3930k at 4.5 GHz and it idles around 40 and loads at 72ish on an H100i.  I have one hot core and my room heats up, but I'm reasonably happy with my temperatures.  

I think the vcore is the more concerning parameter for a 3930k. These are hot chips no matter how you look at it.  Don't set your vcore above 1.4V, I believe I have mine set at 1.325V, and watch what you set your LLC to (see http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/24019-load-line-calibration-why-overclockers-should-care/).  

Actually he can set the core voltage up to 1.5V. Anything above 1.5V is beyond Intel spec and is not recommended, however 1.4-1.45V is pretty ok. I have been running my i7 3820 at 4.8GHz with 1.43V for quite a while now and before that my i7 3930K (RIP. It died because I dropped it :D) at 4.7GHz at 1.425V, so yeah, this kind of voltages will not harm your processor if your temps are below 80C. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

...before that my i7 3930K (RIP. It died because I dropped it :D) at 4.7GHz at 1.425V, so yeah, this kind of voltages will not harm your processor if your temps are below 80C. 

I guess it depends on who you ask.  Below 1.4V was what I heard while I was doing my OC, so I'm going to stick with that.  Besides, I don't have much thermal headroom anyway, so I won't be pushing it beyond what I have.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W