Best and Easiest to Learn Programming Language

asdfghjkl987
10 hours ago, Erik Sieghart said:

Your criteria for judging competence is flawed, then. People have varying levels of skills, knowledge, and abilities. "Learning C" isn't a requirement for being competent about the topics discussed in a CS 101 class, and it's a depressing world view where meaningless classifications are used to make other people feel inferior because they're not smart enough to learn a "real language" instead of that watered down stuff like python or C#.

Python, C#, Java, Go, Rust, Ruby, etc. are "real" programming languages. C is not a special snowflake, and C developers are not special snowflakes more enlightened than the rest of us to the inner workings of "true" programming. Maybe save that stuff for your LUGs, but don't flat out lie to the OP and tell him he's never going to really know programming until he knows C.

I was stewing on this at some point and was coming to the conclusion that the argument presented there (not yours, the one you're responding to) was falling in the "No True Scotsman" fallacy.

I'm pretty sure that C programmers have more knowledge than Go programmers. That's why they even created Go in the first place.

Write in C.

once a month we get tis question and im not sure its the right question

if you want the easy way there is none. if want to learn something new you gonna have a hard time

and as a coder i feel the tougher problems should really be what interests you 

anyway...there are a lot of places you can start but if you want to make apps and such it depends on the target environment you could go full apple and learn objective - c or whatever it was called. 

i started with c# and till today think its a good middle ground to branch out from

because once you have understood one object oriented language its pretty easy to adapt to slightly different syntax and rules.

if youre familiar with html id maybe go for uwp since you get to write your screens in xml and have the background c# code to play around with

or if you feel like all these framworks are too strict you could start a XNA project from time to time i do that and tinker around a bit or when visual performance is key. XNA lets you draw every pixel yourself  and i love the control it gives you e.g. once we had performance problems with a trace view and i shoved a XNA "plug-in" if you will inside the otherwise windows froms application just to get control over when and how many times the control is redrawn and to minimize overhead.

all of this is just my exerience with c# you need too ask yourself what type of project it really is that you want to realize and then just go with whatever is neccessary to accomplish that

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

Just now, edward30 said:

Have been considering Rust.

Don't.

Just now, edward30 said:

Go is designed to replace Python at Google...

It's not, because they could just use Python.

Write in C.