Which motheboard for 1700 ryzen 7

Taichi is overall great

Hero is good too if you want RGB

There both good boards. Choose the one that you like more with the features you want and you'll be fine. Also pick the company you want to deal with if anything goes wrong.

25 minutes ago, Cl1362 said:

U got a kraken x52, if your graphic card is Asus brand, I would definitely suggest Asus mobo as well.

Why are you paying so much for a motherboard?  They don't make any difference in performance as long as you get one that lets you OC the CPU.  Try this one.

Edit: Or this one if you want SLI and RGB support.

Edit 2: Please people, I wasn't saying it in offensive way.  I was asking if there was some particular reason he was spending an extra $150+ on a motherboard.  It turns out there was.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

5 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Try this one.

Completely different board. 10x sata-3 vs 4x sata-3... (when looking at the taichi)

Just go with the Taichi @ topic starter.

1 minute ago, Dutch-stoner said:

Completely different board. 10x sata-3 vs 4x sata-3... (when looking at the taichi)

Just go with the Taichi @ topic starter.

There's a low chance the OP needs 10 SATA ports...

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

9 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Why are you paying so much for a motherboard?  They don't make any difference in performance as long as you get one that lets you OC the CPU.  Try this one.

Edit: Or this one if you want SLI support.

Because somebody prefer to have a better looking motherboard. Ofcourse the features they offer as well.

You can know it when OP chose NZXT over Corsair cooler.

And getting better quality or brand can help your mobo last longer. Example, a cheaper one can last 3years while a premium one can last 5years. Its an example though.

10 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Edit: Or this one if you want SLI support.

Don't need 10 sata

But aesthetics come into play 

The red isn't my favorite The go with my set up

The rgb

Built in wifi/bt

Black/white 

Heard both are great motherboards 

Just trying to figure out what's best overall.

Just now, NoMercy said:

Because somebody prefer to have a better looking motherboard. Ofcourse the features they offer as well.

You can know it when OP chose NZXT over Corsair cooler.

And getting better quality or brand can help your mobo last longer. Example, a cheaper one can last 3years while a premium one can last 5years. Its an example though.

Very good reason.

7 minutes ago, Cl1362 said:

Don't need 10 sata

But aesthetics come into play 

The red isn't my favorite The go with my set up

The rgb

Built in wifi/bt

Black/white 

Heard both are great motherboards 

Just trying to figure out what's best overall.

So basically the color and lack of WiFi (although it has support for an add-on card).

It's your decision, and it's fine whatever you do.  I'm not judging you.  I just wanted you to know that you won't get better performance.  Lots of people think that a more expensive motherboard means the system will run better.

17 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Edit: Or this one if you want SLI and RGB support.

You spend on motherboard for the feature set. Not everything is about "will it overclock"

Just now, Mooshi said:

You spend on motherboard for the feature set. Not everything is about "will it overclock"

I know that.  I was asking a question because I wanted to know if there was something specific.

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

So basically the color and lack of WiFi (although it has support for an add-on card).

It's your decision, and it's fine whatever you do.  I'm not judging you.  I just wanted you to know that you won't get better performance.  Lots of people think that a more expensive motherboard means the system will run better.

I agree with you. Thanks for advice. I think I've spent like two months just reading and watching videos regarding motherboards 

This are the ones I've come down to.

Current set up. Just for idea 

PS 

Ignore cables. Not done yet 

IMG_1299.JPG

Just now, Cl1362 said:

I agree with you. Thanks for advice. I think I've spent like two months just reading and watching videos regarding motherboards 

This are the ones I've come down to.

Current set up. Just for idea 

IMG_1299.JPG

Looks pretty great. :)

The X370 Taichi is the only one that will definitely work with that RAM though.  I checked the QVL on both and the Crosshair VI doesn't list the Dominator RAM.

14 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

The X370 Taichi is the only one that will definitely work with that RAM though.  I checked the QVL on both and the Crosshair VI doesn't list the Dominator RAM.

This is good to know.