H100i v2

I would like to know if it's better to install the motherboard (msi gaming M7) in the case (Corsair 750d Airflow edition) first and then install the cpu cooler or should I install it into the motherboard first and then install the motherboard to the case.

Also if I'm installing the rad and the fan to the top of the case which is better, push or pull?  

10 minutes ago, Blakjak97 said:

I would like to know if it's better to install the motherboard (msi gaming M7) in the case (Corsair 750d Airflow edition) first and then install the cpu cooler or should I install it into the motherboard first and then install the motherboard to the case.

Also if I'm installing the rad and the fan to the top of the case which is better, push or pull?  

put cpu cooler on first then fix it into the case along with motherboard.

doesnt matter.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

is more easy to 

1 place motherboard on pc case

2 install  the  h100i v

i have  my h100 on  top on push    so there is little dust but in pull you will have more fresh and cooler air and  dust . i dont have dust filter.

24 minutes ago, Blakjak97 said:

2 minutes ago, JeJaRaLa said:

i have  my h100 on  top on push    so there is little dust but in pull you will have more fresh and cooler air and  dust. i dont have dust filter.

I believe you are getting confused between intake vs exhaust. Pull is the method that will give you less dust "problems" because it will acumulate on the rad instead of between the rad and fan.

Push or pull has supposedly no noticeable difference in performance, so I would recommend pull

Mounting the block on the motherboard first is either because if you mount the radiator first, the tubes will apply torsion, making it difficult to apply a constant force on the CPU while screwing down the block.

Install the backplate (if required) and the mounting hardware onto the board first. Install motherboard to case. Attach AIO to case and block to CPU. To do it in any other order seems unwieldy. 

11 minutes ago, JeJaRaLa said:

i have  my h100 on  top on push    so there is little dust but in pull you will have more fresh and cooler air and  dust . i dont have dust filter.

That statement does not make any sense.

36 minutes ago, Blakjak97 said:

It will make no performance difference in any way shape or form. There would be a small argument that its easier to clean a pull radiator rather than a dust radiator, but with the 750D having filters you will not have to clean very often so it may be a non-issue. There would be a discussion to be had for intake or exhaust, but seeing as you're mounting it in the top, exhaust is likely the way to go for you (however, its not the end of the world to go with an intake there if you so choose).

36 minutes ago, Blakjak97 said:

In a case like the 750D, it doesn't really matter all that much. It has such a large cutout where the motherboard mounts that you will be able to easily access the socket both front and back even with the motherboard installed in the case, so installing your H100i V2 should be just as easy when its in the case as when its out. Dealer's choice on this one, just do whatever makes you comfortable.

Some guys will insist its easiest to install it outside the case, then move everything in (Motherboard, cooler, RAM) as one unit and install it.... other guys will say that with an AIO, having to maneuver the radiator whilst you're mounting the block on the CPU is too much of a hassle for them, so they install the motherboard, then install the AIO, then install the RAM. Its entirely preference and there is no right/wrong answer here (unless your case does not have a nice motherboard cutout, in which case putting in the AIO after the motherboard is installed will often be impossible, but your case does not fit this criteria).

3 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

That statement does not make any sense.

It will make no performance difference in any way shape or form. There would be a small argument that its easier to clean a pull radiator rather than a dust radiator, but with the 750D having filters you will not have to clean very often so it may be a non-issue. There would be a discussion to be had for intake or exhaust, but seeing as you're mounting it in the top, exhaust is likely the way to go for you (however, its not the end of the world to go with an intake there if you so choose).

In a case like the 750D, it doesn't really matter all that much. It has such a large cutout where the motherboard mounts that you will be able to easily access the socket both front and back even with the motherboard installed in the case, so installing your H100i V2 should be just as easy when its in the case as when its out. Dealer's choice on this one, just do whatever makes you comfortable.

Some guys will insist its easiest to install it outside the case, then move everything in (Motherboard, cooler, RAM) as one unit and install it.... other guys will say that with an AIO, having to maneuver the radiator whilst you're installing everything is too much of a hassle for them, so they install the motherboard, then install the AIO, then install the RAM. Its entirely preference and there is no right/wrong answer here (unless your case does not have a nice motherboard cutout, in which case putting in the AIO after the motherboard is installed will often be impossible, but your case does not fit this criteria).

let me correct, exhaust or intake that is  what i confuse whit pull or push , englis is not my  language... but true my mistake

1 minute ago, JeJaRaLa said:

let me correct, exhaust or intake that is  what i confuse whit pull or push , englis is not my  language... but true my mistake

If you're roof mounting your radiator, exhaust is usually the way most people go because that is the natural direction of heat flow... cool air in the bottom/front, and hot air out the back/top. Top mounted fans are encouraged to be exhaust fans to assist this natural progression of heat, and to maintain a direct flow of air in your case, but if you DO decide to go an intake on the top of your case, make sure your exhaust out the front of your case to maintain this flow path, otherwise turbulence can potentially cause dead pockets where air moves very little or not at all, resulting in heat build up in unnecessary areas. Usually, if you opt to run an intake, you front mount the AIO to maintain this natural directional heat flow.

Its also worth noting that as an exhaust, your CPU is cooled with the hot air from your case, which means your AIO is slightly less effective at cooling. As an intake, your AIO is cooled with fresh air from your room, so it performs better as a CPU cooler, but then dumps its heat into your case, affecting the thermals of the rest of your components. Its for this reason as well that most people prefer to use an AIO as an exhaust, so that it doesn't heat the rest of the case. The heat an AIO throws out is only a couple degrees, but those couple degrees can be the difference between a silent graphics card and an audible one, since the card's fans will now spin slightly faster to account for the increased heat in the case and on the GPU.

13 hours ago, Blakjak97 said:

I recommend motherboard install first. Then mount the radiator (with fans in push) onto the top of the chassy, then install the CPU block onto the motherboard.

So, motherboard with CPU backplate + standoffs pre-installed, then rad onto case, then cpu block.