How loud are Razer Green Switches

silasjdemone

Look, I want to let my family sleep at night. Are Razer green switches loud to wear you can hear them outside of the room? My house is usually pretty quiet at night, and I dont want to cause my family to hate me. Can people give me everyday comparisons to them? Like are they louder than a regular talking voice? Thanks for everyones help!

they are about as loud as the MX Blues which are clicky as hell. some people like them, though if you live in a house with other people and plan to use it when people are asleep i would recommend something else.

they are about 2-3 times louder than a stand mouse left clicking

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

3 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

they are about as loud as the MX Blues which are clicky as hell. some people like them, though if you live in a house with other people and plan to use it when people are asleep i would recommend something else.

they are about 2-3 times louder than a stand mouse left clicking

That seems like an exaggeration, I have mx blues, they're about the same sound. As long as you're not slamming your face against the keyboard they're not loud enough to wake people up, and it's unlikely they'd even hear it through the door if it was closed. I have the washer and dry right next to my room and I can't even heard that....safe to say those machines are far louder than my keyboard. If you're room is right next to someone else's, ask them if they're able to hear you talk through the walls, or hear you click, if the answer is no, or not really, blues/razer greens are fine.

I'd advise against razer keyboards though, their switches are inconsistent and break easily. You could easly get something with actually cherry switches for the same price if not cheaper, like one of those new coolermaster keyboards.

listen very carefully, they about this loud: click click click.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

Thanks everyone, everyone saying Razer sucks, I've heard the same stuff, may get a coolermaster as you recommended! although i am still torn on what to do

21 hours ago, SPG said:

I'd advise against razer keyboards though, their switches are inconsistent and break easily. You could easly get something with actually cherry switches for the same price if not cheaper, like one of those new coolermaster keyboards.

11 minutes ago, silasjdemone said:

Thanks everyone, everyone saying Razer sucks, I've heard the same stuff, may get a coolermaster as you recommended!

Honestly I've had 5 Razer keyboards and the most I've ever had is a LED fail in one that had Original CherryMX blues. Other wise they have been fantastic, Currently using the Deathstalker Chrome TE and really so happy with it, Got rid of my Corsair K70 after 5 LEDs failed a month into owning it. I'm also on my 3rd Deathadder with only the first (Deathadder 3.5G) giving right click issues after two years of been tossed into a laptop bag. 

Not Saying razer stuff is perfect but most of the people basing it are only doing so cause they have a friend or something that had a bad experience, Bui yeah its electronics. Shit goes wrong. and normally when it does return it to the shop. 

As for the Razer switches, I can't really tell the difference between them and the MXblues. 

Only switches i would say try first is the Logitech ones as I honestly think they feel terrible for a mech keyboard. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333