How do you stop that deep 'vibrations' moving through a case?

gonvres

I'm fairly sure my mechanical disks are responsible. The case gets that deep 'resonance' sound of surging, and it shuts up if I even apply a light touch on the side panel. 

I've removed the hard drives, remounted them tightly, still seems to be doing it. It only does it 'sometimes' not all the time. 

I think one of my drives, a seagate drive, is particularly bad. I'm using a Fractal case and have rubber grommets and everything.

Are the case stands all touching the ground? Is the case huging a table?

14 minutes ago, Pixeld said:

Are the case stands all touching the ground? Is the case huging a table?

All four on the ground yep, nothing obstructing them. I'm not sure what you mean by huging the table.

33 minutes ago, gonvres said:

and it shuts up if I even apply a light touch on the side panel. 

your side panel is loose then

10 minutes ago, emosun said:

your side panel is loose then

I don't doubt it, but how do you tighten them on fractal cases? They have a door latch, not screws. The thumb screws they give you don't screw tight. 

wedge something in the door when you close it to put pressure on it. like a bit of cloth or tape or rubber , make it so it the door pinches whatever you put in it.

I have the same issue with the cooler master k280. Make sure that the HDDS are all attached to the case and that all the screws are in. Mine will suddenly make a really loud noise and then stop for no apparent reason. Make sure that the drive(s) are not touching any other part of the case except the drive cage. 

Some cases come with there own mounting system, my K280 has a plastic lock thing to replace the screws and that seems to dampen some of the noise for me. 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?