Bike speedometer only works when I'm not sitting on bike

DarkEnergy

My speedometer on my bike stopped working yesterday and I can't figure out why. It logically makes no sense. If I just spin the tire, it seems to read and display the speed. When I walk with the bike, it also seems to read. When I get on the bike, it reads and then stops reading. Eventually it gives me "Err". Me sitting on the bike vs not shouldn't change a damn thing. The cable's aren't near my seat or legs, I don't even touch them. It's hard to really test if just lifting wheel makes it read because I can't really get it spinning with my hands. It aligns perfectly to the sensor and it's only 2mm apart, no dirt or debris blocking anything. Changing battery fixes nothing. What gives? Speedometer is Cannondale IQ100. 

[spoiler="Pictures"]qfnj1xQ.jpg

LP1VOhV.jpg

[/spoiler]

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Could your weight be bending the spokes, pushing the sensor farther away?

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

1 minute ago, RGProductions said:

Could your weight be bending the spokes, pushing the sensor farther away?

Haha, no, I'm not that heavy. Besides, most of the weight is on the rear tire, this is mounted on front. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Just now, DarkEnergy said:

Haha, no, I'm not that heavy. Besides, most of the weight is on the rear tire, this is mounted on front. 

I'm all out of ideas then.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Just manual move the magnet over of the detector, do you get any readings, it works, then check all the wires, good luck!

1 minute ago, LucasRem said:

Just manual move the magnet over of the detector, do you get any readings, it works, then check all the wires, good luck!

Well, If I rock the bike back and forth so the magnet passes over it, it reads. When I sit down and ride, it stops reading. I might just call them. It's only a year old!