Positive pressure vs. negative pressure

ANNIHILATOR284

Hi,

I have a corsair carbide 400r and I was thinking if positive or negative pressure is better when all the fan slots are populated and in what config

Can any one please help me in this?

Positive pressure helps to stop dust buildup in your system, have more intake than exhaust and you're good.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Negative pressure means better temps, positive pressure means more dust build up. Either way it's not that huge of a difference between the two in temps of dust or temps.

Having good airflow direction is pretty important too though. Intakes should be in through the front/bottom, exhausts should be rear/top. That way air passes over each component in a system instead of just going in any random direction :)

Positive pressure means less dust build up :P

I personally always try to achieve a positive pressure, because dust is a PITA, I loose a degree on temps maybe but IMO its worth it.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Negative pressure means better temps, positive pressure means more dust build up. Either way it's not that huge of a difference between the two in temps of dust or temps.

Having good airflow direction is pretty important too though. Intakes should be in through the front/bottom, exhausts should be rear/top. That way air passes over each component in a system instead of just going in any random direction :)

i think u have your facts wrong

Positive pressure means less dust build up :P

^^^^^^^^ u got it right!

i have better temps with possitive pressure... odd

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

i have better temps with possitive pressure... odd

It really doesnt make a differance to temps tbh, unless you're insane and have something blocking all the fans

My bad, didn't even notice I said that

Np :P

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Matching air pressure is best if you believe Corsair

Positive is better if you believe Silverstone

All I know is a case with a lack of fans cause more dust to lay as there isn't enough circulation in the case. I've never seen any performance increase in positive or negative as my computer case temps usually sticks at 30°c