LG G6 or wait for Google Pixel 2?

Go to solution Solved by Aytex,
Just now, Septimus said:

Final conclusion seems to be to wait for the GP 2 and other next-generation phones unless a good deal for the S8 is encountered? 

Yeah pretty much.

Best phone to buy this August  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Best phone to buy this August

• LG G6
    • OnePlus 5
    • Samsung Galaxy S8
    • Google Pixel 2

Thanks for the input guys, this thread got a ton of attention xD

As for the S8 vs iPhone 7, they're both about even other than sales and a recent decrease in the price of the S8 from some retailers. 

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Also to mention both units do not support CDMA

The NA version supports CDMA and GSM. The International variant is actually worse than the NA one..... 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

The International variant is actually worse than the International one..... 

Wut 

1 minute ago, Septimus said:

Wut 

The NA version supports more carrier bands! I meant to type NA at the end. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

The NA version supports more carrier bands! 

Yeah I knew that, just confused as to what you were saying because of the wording. 

3 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

The NA version supports CDMA and GSM. The International variant is actually worse than the International one..... 

Oh yeah, You're correct, My apologies I must have skimmed through the bands haha :D 

3 minutes ago, Septimus said:

Yeah I knew that, just confused as to what you were saying because of the wording. 

Sorry for making this thread so big :^) 

Was pretty into the debate :P 

1 hour ago, DrMacintosh said:

Because you dont need to. Overclocking smartphone SoCs isn't really a thing and you can disable animations if you are that impatient lol. 

My old Optimus 2X had been overclocked from 1.0 GHZ to 1.5 GHz. Helped to keep it usable for a bit longer.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Iphone 8 if you wait. I dont like that itll probably have a glass back though, but that seems to be where everyone is headed these days(thanks samsung). 

At least it wont have a curved screen like the S8, so it shouldn't be as fragile and youll be able to put a glass screen protector on it.  

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

7 hours ago, Aytex said:

Sorry for making this thread so big :^) 

Was pretty into the debate :P 

That's great 

Isn't the Pixel 2 going to be as expensive as the s8, also putting it out of your price range. I remember the pixel xl was nearly a thousand euro when it came out (at least in Ireland)

2 hours ago, Radioactive Snowman said:

Isn't the Pixel 2 going to be as expensive as the s8, also putting it out of your price range. I remember the pixel xl was nearly a thousand euro when it came out (at least in Ireland)

From the rumors I've heard, it's still going to be around the first generation Pixel's $650 price point.