What power does your PC draw from the wall in watts ?

lets us know how efficient your PC is ?
How many watts does it draw while GPU is idle, how many running your GPU under load
and spec of PC make of mainboard, CPU, GPU, hard disks and any extra add on cards, usb devices ?

I have a Sabertooth 990fx main board, AMD FX 8 core vishera 8320 back CPU, inno3d 660ti 3gb hybrid cooled card.
xbox 360 pad for the pc, washable logitech keybaord, standard usb mouse and a creative x-fi titanium card.
drawd about 125watts when browsing and when gaming it goes up to 250watts-300watts.
I have a 1kw corsair PSU (bit over kill) was meant for 3 way sli (I thought i was future proofing at the time lol)  

1 minute ago, RollinLower said:

how did youmeasure it? i don;t have the hardware to measure this and i believe the software options are pretty inaccurate :/

I used a plug on the wall that tells you how much energy you are drawing at that time 

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

That depends, to be honest.  Measuring from the wall can be inaccurate as can SW.  Usually one or the other is looking at how much you used when you measure it, but parts are listed at full use by the maker.  So, say you're gaming right?  One or the other is going to measure for said task, but say you start folding and decide full usage on the GPU.  That's more power right there.

seems pretty accurate with my power use over the day, the plug can tell you over an hour, day week, ect can even calculate how much your price per unit is offpeak and peak  

What I meant was that it can change depending on tasks.

can get an average ball park though. lots of people will watch You Tube listen to music while browsing and shopping  without a thought of what the pc is actually using. I just saved lots of money using a media PC for day to day activities, instead of using my PC i use for triple a game titles for stupid stuff like budgets. 

If this post gives people an insight into what they are using :) it's all good. Doesn't have to be that accurate, just an idea.
might even give us an idea of how efficient your PC is on a real world day to day use. be good to make a chart at the end of the year 

What is efficient in the world of OCing? xD 

I like overclocking as well :) but hay 

Seems to be more people on this bloody site telling me it not a good idea , why would you want to measure that, why would you want to mod that, than actually giving a straight answer.
Give us a answer of what your PC uses, how you measured ? under load of idle or just basic browsing use and the spec of your machine. 

Sick of people on this site telling me things are not a good idea , it's bullshit !  

The last time I measured my computer's power consumption:

• Idle (i.e., not touching the computer for 10 minutes after booting): got it down to about 30-40 watts
  • Basic tasks (web browsing, including watching a YouTube video): about 70-80 watts
  • Demanding game (Crysis 3): 230-250 watts

I used a Kill-A-Watt to do this.

I think there's a lot of worry about the variables. Don't worry about those. Set some parameters and stick with it. As long as you have a good reason, it's useful data. It may not be everyone's use case, but trying to satisfy everyone's use case is the same as trying to make everyone happy. If you're not happy with that use case, you can either kindly ask the person to measure it under the conditions you want, or do it yourself.

Also I feel like a lot of the mindset here is "my way or the highway."

Yeah because some of us haven't done it under lab conditions doesn't make it any less note worthy.
I have a few projects on at the moment and i haven't posted in Linus forum for a long time.
i'm making a custom case and a custom semi modular micro ATX power supply.
had a lot of that's not a good idea !  and all i can think off, is wait till you see when it's finished you fecker :D 

I'm also going to update my PC after Christmas and I am trying to get an idea of what the most efficient high end gaming components are ??
If i'm not gaming all the time do i really need anything more than a raspberry Pi3 ?? 

28 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

What is efficient in the world of OCing? xD 

In some cases like the R9 Nano less was more where undervolting the core resulted in better more stable overclocks because less pwoer draw resulted in better temps and stability.

PCGH from time to time also does OC guides and breaks them up into stock max oc and middle ground and efficiency. With msot GPUs and even omst CPUs you can get another 10 percent of performance in while drawing 5% less power than at stock. It is possible!

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

To answer the OP's question:
More than a year ago I measured powerdraw for a school project with a device similar to yours.
I still had a 770 back then (and a 3770k @stock clocks) and used furmark for load (yes, GPU only) to get a ballpark and gor about 250W.
With a 1080 I guess I would be at 320-370W for everything now with the 3770k at 4.6GHz and under realistic loads. It might spike up more towards then high end of that spectrum.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I haven't done any measuring, but simply turning my pc of a night and any time I wasn't going to use it for more than a few hours shaved about $30 of my bill.  Using a laptop or tablet for everything else saved a little more. 

People are generally surprised when they hear how low my power bill is.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

21 hours ago, mr moose said:

I haven't done any measuring, but simply turning my pc of a night and any time I wasn't going to use it for more than a few hours shaved about $30 of my bill.  Using a laptop or tablet for everything else saved a little more. 

People are generally surprised when they hear how low my power bill is.

I've gone over to using my media PC for daily use like Youtube, Facebook, accounts, old PC games ect 
I'll keep the gaming/poweruser  PC for AAA games and ripping and converting films. 
my media PC would take 7-10 hours of use before it reaches the same amount of energy my gaming PC uses in a hour :o