1070 or vega

Jessentis

I'm a bit of an amd fan boy but I want more performance then the 580 has so I'm thinking about getting a 1070 for more performance but I'm not sure if i should wait for the vega 1070 equivalent or get the 1070 now. I am fairly desperate for a gpu because my last one died but im happy to wait if something better will be available. The 1070 im looking at getting is on sale for £348.11 instead of £459.99. I feel like vega will be like the 560 vs 1050 and 580 vs 1060 argument and if it is i feel like i would be better with getting the 1070 now but then if amd does what it did with threadripper against all the i9 and coffee lake stuff I feel like i would be better to wait. Can people give me feedback and their opinions on if i should get the 1070 thats on sale now or wait for the rest of vega.

Just now, Tiber1337 said:

3 weeks is not that long to wait m8, plus it's a bad time to buy GPUs right now.

but the 1070 im looking at has high overclocks and is going cheaper then some 1060s and the sale would most likely be over in 3 weeks and i doubt that vega cards would be as cheap as that for the performance and they will probably be a bit more expensive for a few months afterwards because of how new they would be. And is it actually only 3 weeks?

1 minute ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

but the 1070 im looking at has high overclocks and is going cheaper then some 1060s and the sale would most likely be over in 3 weeks and i doubt that vega cards would be as cheap as that for the performance and they will probably be a bit more expensive for a few months afterwards because of how new they would be. And is it actually only 3 weeks?

Link to 1070?

Smoking weed at the red light like its legal

My crystal ball is in the repair shop currently, sorry.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

My crystal ball is in the repair shop currently, sorry.

thats a shame :(

2 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

Seems out of stock and blower fan? really?

In your place, I'd get a cheap used card now to allow you to play some games for 1-2 months then buy a vega or a gtx 1070 used at 60% price when the mining craze goes away.

That is a mediocre 1070, I would wait for the 1070 vega equivalent.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Tiber1337 said:

Seems out of stock and blower fan? really?

In your place, I'd get a cheap used card now to allow you to play some games for 1-2 months then buy a vega or a gtx 1070 used at 60% price when the mining craze goes away.

i was going to order it and if it still wasn't in stock when vega comes out i would see what the performance and price is like and if its better i would cancel the order and i plan on water cooling it and isn't this already a pretty good price for a 1070?

3 minutes ago, Damascus said:

That is a mediocre 1070, I would wait for the 1070 vega equivalent.

i planned on water cooling it and overclocking

4 minutes ago, HunterSkater429 said:

Oh it's our of stock probably got 3 more weeks when mining dies 

i was going to order it and if it still wasn't in stock when vega comes out i would see what the performance and price is like and if its better i would cancel the order

2 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

pretty good price for a 1070?

I saw loads of way better ones for 300 - 330 before the craze

Just now, Damascus said:

I saw loads of way better ones for 300 - 330 before the craze

all i could find for £300-330 before the craze was posh 580s and 1060s

all i could find for £300-330 before the craze was posh 580s and 1060s

They were there.

Vega is coming out in literally weeks, you would be a fool to not wait. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Vega is coming out in literally weeks, you would be a fool to not wait. 

but the 1070 im looking at is out of stock and most likely will be in a few weeks so i could order now and if vega is better ill just cancel the order

but the 1070 im looking at is out of stock and most likely will be in a few weeks so i could order now and if vega is better ill just cancel the order

wouldn't it just be easier to not buy anything until then? 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

wouldn't it just be easier to not buy anything until then? 

but what if the sale ends?

4 minutes ago, Jessentis YouTube said:

but what if the sale ends?

There will be other options, besides that. The sale will end when they get new stock in. So youre making a gamble anyway. There may be price changes to nvidia anyway based on if Vega is successful or not. JUST WAIT BOY

Just now, DisguisedDemise said:

There will be other options, besides that. The sale will end when they get new stock in. So youre making a gamble anyway. There may be price changes to nvidia anyway based on if Vega is successful or not. JUST WAIT BOY

but if i order now i pay the current price when it gets dispatched and vega will probably be here before its back in stock so if vega is better i will cancel the order and if 1070 prices go down i can cancel the order and re order a cheaper one

Just now, Jessentis YouTube said:

but if i order now i pay the current price when it gets dispatched and vega will probably be here before its back in stock so if vega is better i will cancel the order and if 1070 prices go down i can cancel the order and re order a cheaper one

Ok, lets just clear this one up, the mining craze will end soon. Which means your 1070 WILL drop back to its original price or hopefully cheaper. Mining wont have a major effect in a month or two so just wait. It will be worth it i swear. If not then just do what you were going to do. The only reason the 1070 looks like a good deal is because youre used to expensive asf ones due to the mining. you will save alot of money by waiting