I can hear but can record

Go to solution Solved by MVPernula,
10 minutes ago, AdeelJeff said:

Isn't there a way to make it work? My iMac was able to just use 1 port for both.. I could hear and talk... 

That's the thing, sadly.

Mac may support it but if you put it into a dedicated microphone input it will ONLY record.

If you put it into a headphone input it will ONLY give you sound.

You'll need a female 3.5mm to 2x male 3.5mm splitter for this to work :)

Or buy new headphones.

Alright, so I recently built this pc (last night) and I've installed all the drivers, from the asrock app shop (asrock mobo) now when I try to discord with my friend, I can hear him but he can't hear me. Also, I messed around with the audio setting, but I had no success, as I don't have a lot of experience in that. Also I have a single jack headphones, I also have tried to plug in all of the audio ports, with pink, I can get into Skype test call but I can't hear myself because this is the microphone port, when I connect it to the lime port, I can hear but I can't record, 

Someone please help! this is making me nervous, I hope I have installed all the necessary drivers.

2 minutes ago, AdeelJeff said:

Alright, so I recently built this pc (last night) and I've installed all the drivers, from the asrock app shop (asrock mobo) now when I try to discord with my friend, I can hear him but he can't hear me. Also, I messed around with the audio setting, but I had no success, as I don't have a lot of experience in that. Also I have a single jack headphones, I also have tried to plug in all of the audio ports, with pink, I can get into Skype test call but I can't hear myself because this is the microphone port, when I connect it to the lime port, I can hear but I can't record, 

Someone please help! this is making me nervous, I hope I have installed all the necessary drivers.

you need a splitter to spilt the one connector into 2

7 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

you need a splitter to spilt the one connector into 2

Isn't there a way to make it work? My iMac was able to just use 1 port for both.. I could hear and talk... 

10 minutes ago, AdeelJeff said:

That's the thing, sadly.

Mac may support it but if you put it into a dedicated microphone input it will ONLY record.

Or buy new headphones.

25 minutes ago, AdeelJeff said:

the mac had a dual port the computer doesnt mac likes doing things that aren't cross compatible to keep people in their ecosystem

17 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

the mac had a dual port the computer doesnt mac likes doing things that aren't cross compatible to keep people in their ecosystem

Seems like it

35 minutes ago, MVPernula said:

That's the thing, sadly.

Or buy new headphones.

Alright, as long as it works, I'll buy it.

14 minutes ago, AdeelJeff said:

Alright, as long as it works, I'll buy it.

It'll work, have used them myself! They're pretty cheap anyways :D

1 hour ago, AdeelJeff said:

https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Headphone-Splitter-Computer-Smartphone/dp/B00Y4663GG/ref=pd_sim_23_7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=5Y18K0DKNPBW0JFM326C

This is the adaptor you'll want

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25