Please Help With Triple Monitor PLP Setup

Okay so I need help determining what monitors to pair with my 27" 1440p monitor in a PLP (Portrait-Landscape-Portrait) setup.

I need to find a happy medium between pixel height/resolution matching up, DPI(or PPI) being the same, and physical screen heights matching up.

DPI of a 27" 1440p monitor is 108.79

My choices seem to be as follows:

19-27-19 : 1440x900 - 2560x1440 - 1440x900 (This matches up pixel height/resolution perfectly, but has a DPI of 90.44, and physical height difference of a couple inches.)

17-27-17 : 1280x1024 - 2560x1440 - 1280x1024 (This matches up physical height better than 19", and brings DPI closer with 96.81, however doesn't match pixel height/resolution.)

15.6-27-15.6 : 1366x768 - 2560x1440 - 1366x768 (This matches physical height the best, and DPI varies between 97-99 depending on aspect ratio, but pixel height/resolution again doesn't match.)

So my question is what matters most when it comes to this being compatible in games (flight simulation and such), and productivity as far as being able to drag a window across and things not seeming larger/smaller across the screens? Is DPI the biggest issue, or is the resolution matching up more important? Of course the physical height of the screen is more of just being aesthetically pleasing.

have you considered just getting two 1440p panels? while its not the ideal "main montior center" sort of idea, it is much easier to pick two identical montiors, and be good to go.

6 minutes ago, manikyath said:

have you considered just getting two 1440p panels? while its not the ideal "main montior center" sort of idea, it is much easier to pick two identical montiors, and be good to go.

Yes, but as far as my setup goes, I just didn't think it'd be a great fit, especially for flight sim'ing (I'm a pilot so I sim a lot at home). Though two monitors is great on the productivity side (which I'm also using them for), it gets rid of having a screen in the middle (I don't have the space to throw a horizontal 27inch to the side with one in the middle).

Plus two 19 inch 1400x900 screens would cost me less than one 27 inch 1440p (especially if I match my current $800 monitor O.o)

• 8 months later...
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 2:21 AM, DrJones said:

Yes, but as far as my setup goes, I just didn't think it'd be a great fit, especially for flight sim'ing (I'm a pilot so I sim a lot at home). Though two monitors is great on the productivity side (which I'm also using them for), it gets rid of having a screen in the middle (I don't have the space to throw a horizontal 27inch to the side with one in the middle).

Plus two 19 inch 1400x900 screens would cost me less than one 27 inch 1440p (especially if I match my current $800 monitor O.o)

Hey mate, what did u do in the end?

I am really thinking about getting a PLP setup too, I already have a 27" dell screen. I want to match the height.aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa