Steam DLC won't install

I just bought all the DLCs for BioShock Infinite, but Steam initiated a 21 GB download for 'BioShock Infinite', which I aborted, because I already had the game installed.

However, I realized later that it was trying to install the DLCs. However, I can't get them to start downloading again.

How do I do it?

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

Go to the game in your Steam Library and where the DLC is just make sure the box somewhere near the name of the DLC is check marked. Once check marked it should install the DLC. To uninstall the DLC just uncheck it. 

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

Go to the game in your Steam Library and where the DLC is just make sure the box somewhere near the name of the DLC is check marked. Once check marked it should install the DLC. To uninstall the DLC just uncheck it. 

Checked and unchecked several times. It isn't doing anything.

i5 12600KF | Zotac RTX 4080 Gaming trinity | Team Vulcan 2x16GB DDR4 3600 | ASRock Z690M-ITX/ac | WD Black SN850x 2TB

Cooler Master NR200P v2 | ID Cooling Zoomflow 280 XT | SeaSonic Focus SGX-750 | Thermalright 2x140mm + 2x120mm aRGB

LG C2 OLED 48" 120hz | Epomaker TH80 (Gateron Yellow) | Logitech MX Master 3 | Koss Porta Pro Comm

When you check it it should start some kind of update for the game. I just tested it on Skyrim DLC and it worked for me.... hmm....

Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus, 32GB Cosair Vengenace LP 3600mhz, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra,  Sabrent Rocket 4 1TB NVME SSD, WD Blue SN570 NVME SSD, 4TB Mass storage, EVGA 750W G2, Corsair 270R

1 minute ago, Ophidio said:

When you check it it should start some kind of update for the game. I just tested it on Skyrim DLC and it worked for me.... hmm....

Doesn't do anything here.

Fuck it. Reinstalling the whole game. Fuck steam.

Copy the game files somewhere else, uninstall the game, move the game files back, "install" the game, let Steam figure out what files are there and what needs to be redownloaded.

Do not abort downloads. Often times for games a few years old, it will have a dump of multi-gigabytes of updating. At best though, it will only claim it needs a huge amount but in reality it only needed a few hundred megabytes and Steam is just confused.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Copy the game files somewhere else, uninstall the game, move the game files back, "install" the game, let Steam figure out what files are there and what needs to be redownloaded.

Do not abort downloads. Often times for games a few years old, it will have a dump of multi-gigabytes of updating. At best though, it will only claim it needs a huge amount but in reality it only needed a few hundred megabytes and Steam is just confused.

It's pretty embarrassing for Steam to be so erratic, though. 

Also, if I abort a download, there should be a way to restart it. There are individual installation options for the games- why not the DLCs? I think it's pretty retarded that a dedicated option to install and uninstall each DLC doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Aereldor said:

It's pretty embarrassing for Steam to be so erratic, though. 

Also, if I abort a download, there should be a way to restart it. There are individual installation options for the games- why not the DLCs? I think it's pretty retarded that a dedicated option to install and uninstall each DLC doesn't exist.

It's the same way with how there are sometimes orphaned entries in the Add/Remove Programs thing in Windows. For all Steam knows it saw that you "installed" the DLC, so it doesn't think it needs to download, but since you didn't download all of it, the game doesn't see it. And if the files themselves don't really exist in the game folder (because Steam downloads into an intermediary), then you can't really uninstall it because how do you uninstall something that doesn't exist?

I mean, if you can come up with an if-condition that's 3 checks or less to handle all of this (which by the way, would increase the complexity of that part of the system 8-fold), let me know.