what headphones should i buy

Mastersam

so im not really a audiophile but i got 140 dollars to spend on something and im using a pair of earbuds which sound as good as 40 dollar earbuds but not as comfortable and i also got no mic. so im thinking its time for an upgrade. i know to get the best sound quality you've got to make your on headset. but there's a problem i dont know any good headphones or mic's. so if ye have any ideas that would be great. also i was wondering about wireless headphones do you need to install some kind of Bluetooth card in your PC for the wireless functionality.

Or Hyper Cloud 2's

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Headphones:

• Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X (open-back)
  • Audio-Technica ATH-AD500X (open-back)
  • Philips SHP9500 (open-back)
  • Samson SR950 (closed-back)
  • Samson SR850 (semi-open-back)
  • Sennheiser HD558 (open-back)
  • Status Audio CB-1 (closed-back)
  • Status Audio OB-1 (open-back)
  • Superlux HD681 EVO (semi-open-back)
  • Superlux HD668B (semi-open-back) + velour earpads from Brainwavz

Mics:

• Antlion ModMic
  • Massdrop MiniMic
  • Neewer Clip on Mini Lapel Microphone
  • Sony ECMCS3
  • V-MODA BoomPro
  • Zalman ZM-Mic1

Open-back and semi-open-back mean that the earcups have perforations/openings that allow sound to freely pass in and out. The benefits are generally a larger soundstage and better imaging. Soundstage is perceived space and environment of sound, it's distance to sound. Imaging is direction of sound. If your ears tend to heat up, open-back may also help mitigate this as it allows more airflow and heat to dissipate.

Closed-back means the earcups have solid shells that attenuate sound from passing through.

I dont know if they are still there but massdrop has that sennheiser headset for $120 which is a no brainer price

1 hour ago, xtroria said:

I dont know if they are still there but massdrop has that sennheiser headset for $120 which is a no brainer price

G4ME ONE and ZERO are inactive now. PC37X is still active, though.

1 hour ago, Tacanacy said:

G4ME ONE and ZERO are inactive now. PC37X is still active, though.

That thing is basically game one. If you see a 50ohm impedance sennheiser open headphone, most likely it's using HD558/598 driver

Bang per buck, it's better than hyperX cloud. You are getting a $100 headphone + great comfort and the mic is miles better than the crappy hyperX mic