Did my ram upgrade mess up my system?

Bloody Spy

I built a pc a few weeks ago and it worked fine, only had too little ram. So i sold the old sticks and got some new ones. The thing is i didn't realise they were 1.65V rated, opposed to the old

ones 1.5V. Now my pc will keep giving long beeps until i turn it off.

Could this be the cause of my problem?

What motherboard and CPU are you using?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Tried to reset the BIOS?

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

20 minutes ago, Bloody Spy said:

I built a pc a few weeks ago and it worked fine, only had too little ram. So i sold the old sticks and got some new ones. The thing is i didn't realise they were 1.65V rated, opposed to the old

ones 1.5V. Now my pc will keep giving long beeps until i turn it off.

Could this be the cause of my problem?

if the ram speed is higher than the motherboard's/cpu's maximum supported speed in many cases the system will not boot at all (i did the same thing)

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

he has one of the if not the cheapest am3+ motherboard on the market, it only supports up to 1.5v ram.

Just now, MrJarhead said:

he has one of the if not the cheapest am3+ motherboard on the market, it only supports up to 1.5v ram.

rip

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Are you able to get in the BIOS? In that case try underclocking your ram and try to boot again