Wifey's PC Ryzen 5 Build

The general concept was to create a nice PC for moderate workstation style tasks.

Link to PCPartPicker

CPU was an easy choice with the price friendly Ryzen heavy-hitters. I chose the 1600 because of the six cores + free cooler that keeps even this chip overclocked cool. Missing the mark here, I would have loved to have upgraded to the LED spire that comes with the 1700 but I think the case should have enough LEDs when I'm finished!

Motherboard, CPU, and RAM were a package deal on Newegg saving $100. The motherboard is nice but would have been great to have the on board power and reset switch and the outside reset CMOS switch. RAM was a great deal with grabbing 3200 for this system especially with rising RAM prices.

Storage: My one regret with this PC was not buying an SSD. Would have helped boot times, but the 2.5" FireCuda so far has given me no problems and was a great value.

Video Card: Basically pulled these two out of my first build so I could replace them with a Nvidia 1080 TI and it will handle any task she plans to put forth on it.

Case: JayzTwoCents reviewed this beautiful case and my is it awesome. Love the huge tempered glass side panels and its a great price. Very lightweight and room for 2 full size radiators for liquid cooling. However, this build is air cooled with six Corsair sp120s with white LEDs.

Power Supply: Partially modular but a great deal and gold certified. It works for what I need it do and any task she will perform.

Operating System: Self-explanatory. Windows and 64bit. Great speed and OS.

Also have not arrived yet, but ordered custom sheathed cable mod cables in white and silver to go with the motherboard along with a 12" LED strip to polish off the flare to this build.  Will of course post updated pictures once the cables and strip come in.

Please feel free to critique and let me know what you think!  The build on PC PartPicker is at the top.

Thanks!

image1.thumb.jpg.02f783e843e223541fcdada0cff17440.jpg

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

image4.JPG

image5.JPG

Amazing build there! Yeah Ryzen is so friendly in price per performance for anyone!

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

41 minutes ago, snpr1992 said:

-snip-

Can i be your Wifey?

But for real thats a nice build, loving the 760's btw, i used to have a Zotac 770 2GB which was my first component I bought with my own money (i was 15)

Nice! 

A legend says that one can find all the answers to his questions in the description. Who knows, perhaps even the purpose of our existence.

Thanks for letting me know stevo, I've fixed the link.

Thanks for the comments guys!  Impressive that the 760s in SLI can still hold their weight pretty well considering the specs.

So the CableMod cables came in and I replaced the stock cables and man they look sharp!

IMG_5236.thumb.JPG.09ae678b4af93a9682543560b10bdf2e.JPGIMG_5237.thumb.JPG.7de8f6f3488e1a7d39125396ded485a3.JPG

Finally got all the fans running...This motherboard unfortunately only had 5 headers on the motherboard!!  Added the AURA RGB Strip as well.

IMG_5240.thumb.JPG.7060803e2c13d4d035706bc6ea525481.JPG

Final picture has the finished product with the TridentZ matching the strip and fans.  Went with all white and white and silver cables to go with the monochromatic look.  This picture was taken through the tinted tempered glass on the cougar panzer case to give you an idea of just how bright these LEDs are!  But as I'm sure you can tell, the strip is not long enough to show what I and she really wanted it to because of the lack of an extension off the LED header and no header at the bottom of this particular motherboard.  So, another 60cm strip and I think this build will be 100%.  Maybe buy that SSD I regretted not buying 9_9IMG_5241.thumb.JPG.294ef89f15862d758e34240f6de453a2.JPG

Cheers!

Edited by snpr1992

• 1 month later...

So the finalized pictures of the build are attached.  You can definitely now tell who it is that owns it xD

Thus far she loves it.  The 760s are powering 2 ASUS VX238Hs at 1080P and have yet to find a slowdown.  Highly recommend Ryzen and even this old hardware can keep up 1080p frame rates if I really had to fall back on it.  However, the i7 4820k with a 1080Ti(which due to Massdrop's screw-up I got for $550 with Destiny 2 so sub $500!) outperforms it a bit.  :D 

image1(1).thumb.JPG.f6d42a4b8477371bfff7c195456c1e30.JPGIMG_5429.thumb.JPG.1246e39c2cb099c831e159a88098f630.JPG

@CableMod

I ran into an interesting problem with the led strips.  The initial 30 cm strip that I got was foam backed and the second 60 cm strip was the magnetic version.  I attached them together and found that the cables do not have the same pin outs.  One strip was R G B, the other was B G R which made for a really confusing first install.  I did figure out the problem and happened to have a loose 4 pin extension cable so I could swap the two offending pins around without having to break or re-solder anything which was nice.  However I did want to pass along the trouble.  You guys still make awesome products.

@snpr1992 sorry, since we discontinued the foam strips, our magnetic strips we changed the pinout to be compatible with compatible RGB headers out of box without the need for a compatibility adapter. Shoot an email over to us at Support@CableMod.com and we'll replace the old strip. :)