i7 920 temps - 70-75* load

Emillionaire

Hi, i have a pc running with an i7 920 (and gtx 960) 

Currently its cooled by a cooler master HAF TX3 cooler, 

but i am getting a load temp (Playing overwatch) on 70-75*C. I intend to sell the pc, but i do not want to sell a crappy pc. 

Is the temp okay, or should i upgrade to the hyper 212? 

Would there be a diffrence?

Yes, the username is cringe. 

Temp is more than fine.

(also never buy a 212 evo)

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

7 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Temp is more than fine.

(also never buy a 212 evo)

Okay, whats wrong with the 212 Evo? 

3 minutes ago, L0gic said:

Okay, whats wrong with the 212 Evo? 

Nothing other than the trash mounting system.

There are just far better options such as the Cryrogi H7 or BeQuiet! PURE ROCK and a few others

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

3 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Nothing other than the trash mounting system.

There are just far better options such as the Cryrogi H7 or BeQuiet! PURE ROCK and a few others

the one with the trash mounting system is the tx3

Just now, Tiwaz said:

Nope, Owned a 212. Mounting it is fucking stupid

Just now, Tiwaz said:

Yeah, ands its awfull! 

Reinstall took me 10 tries when reapplying thermal paste. Almost broke the plastic. 

23 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Nope, Owned a 212. Mounting it is fucking stupid

tx3 is worse

13 hours ago, L0gic said:

Yeah, ands its awfull! 

Reinstall took me 10 tries when reapplying thermal paste. Almost broke the plastic. 

exactly my problem the pins where too weak for the cooler and were bent so it took me an hour one time to install it again and thats why i decided to invest in a decent cooler

Temps are fine. And upgrading to 120mm budget cooler wouldn't change that much that it would be really upgrade anyway. Let the buyer get better cooler if they want to.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 6/30/2017 at 10:50 AM, DarkBlade2117 said:

Those are barely better. Asides from better mounting and being a bit quieter, the 212 Evo is nearly equal.

On 6/30/2017 at 10:56 AM, L0gic said:

What plastic?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

55 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Those are barely better. Asides from better mounting and being a bit quieter, the 212 Evo is nearly equal.

What plastic?

The H7 will usually result in 4-5C lower temperatures while being much quieter. I call that pretty more than barely

1 hour ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

The H7 will usually result in 4-5C lower temperatures while being much quieter. I call that pretty more than barely

Asides from TechPowerUp's review here: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/6.html, the difference shown between the H7 and 212 Evo's performance usually smaller than 4-5c. The test results of the NH-U12S performing similarly or even a bit worse than the H7 is particularly strange and is inconsistent with most results from other benchmarks and reviews.

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/cpu_air_cooler_mega_test/39

http://moddersinc.tumblr.com/post/143201459093/sectiontitle-title-introduction-and

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've had both the H7 and a CM 212+. The H7 is the better cooler, but the 212 had the better mounting. I would buy either again.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430