Look at how my new Asus monitor showed up.

Cl2G

Please don't move this from general.  People need to see this. 

This is how my new $750 Asus Pg279q showed up today. 

Thats from the bubble wrap they used to try to protect it. And none of the scratches will wipe off with a clean microfiber cloth. 

This is after 7. 

Yes 7 defective Pg278qr's which all had bright dots or dead pixels. 

This is consumer fraud.  Asus knows they're selling defective panels and they know their packaging is damaging monitors in transit. 

IMG_1363.JPG

IMG_1364.JPG

Yo soy el hombre murciélago

Has anyone else had the same issue with multiple ( 5+ ) Asus monitors showing up with damage, dead pixels, bright dots or backlight bleed? 

Anyone interested in starting a CLASS ACTION against Asus for wasting their time, money and selling a known defective product?

because that's the only thing that will get this to stop. 

this is was done concerning the gtx 970 after the vram fiasco. 

And a class action is the only way the company will get the message to stop selling consumers defective and damaged products as new. 

5 minutes ago, Sierra Fox said:

so send it back?

Can't blame the manufacture for shipping damages, unless the packaging was insufficient, but the postal service of every country isn't exactly known for being the most gentle with out people's property

It is 100% a problem created by Asus and not damage from shipping.  The box is perfect with no signs of damage or abuse from the shipper. 

Maybe you should, I dunno, get a refund from ASUS and stop buying their monitors? After the 2nd return, I would have called it quits..let alone 7.

After purchasing a router and owning a mobo that i needed to contact support for both of them, (router 2.4ghz kept crashing and mobo had some problems) and left on the phone for quite literally hours each time before getting answered, IF i even got answered. I left the phone on from the start of the business day and was on hold till the end where i was transfered to there robot that says they are closed.

I should have know you guys would be less than useless. 

There are hundreds of reports of the same thing happening to other people. 

Bright dots dead pixels backlight bleed and damage. And your solution is to send it back?

thats why companies like Asus KEEP selling defective products. 

They think you wont care... Return it back and make them pay for shipping.

20 minutes ago, EinZerstorer said:

I should have know you guys would be less than useless. 

Bright dots dead pixels backlight bleed and damage. And your solution is to send it back?

thats why companies like Asus KEEP selling defective products. 

And going through 7 replacements to call strangers on an unrelated forum useless is more productive? This isn't Asus support, there is absolutely nothing anyone on this forum can do.

And what @Sierra Fox said. Return it to GET SOMETHING ELSE FROM ANOTHER COMPANY. If this is a known issue, I don't see how going through so many replacements was a good use of your time. That's supporting them more than anything with the multiple times they were given a chance instead of going to someone else with better quality assurance. 

The whole point is to bring it to people's attention. I'm sure there are tons of people here who have had the same issues multiple times.  

Then the goal is to organize people and actually take action to end this blatant fraud. 

Everyone knows theyre selling defective and damaged panels.  It's not an issue of qc.  The only people who get good ones are lucky.  

Thsts not right. 

Ltt shills for Asus I'd expect everything less. 

Just like pc gamer still putting articles out as this model being the best gaming monitor available when they know about the issues as well 

the industry is protecting Asus and still promoting their product. It's time for consumers to make a Move. 

28 minutes ago, EinZerstorer said:

That's why I avoided ASUS in the first place. After reading so many complaints of people receiving bad or damaged monitors, there was no way I would go and risk it for such an expensive monitor.

And you did it 7 times? Why not buy different one after the first 2 being bad?

Thing is, I don't think anyone was trying to be argumentive. See my sig? I have an Asrock board. i *used* to be an Asus supporter. The most pro consumer power we have is to give money to someone else. I have no brand loyalty. If a product required many returns and they had the nerve to send a damaged product (though carriers can also factor in), that company becomes blacklisted to me.