Are these good idle temps?

Adrian18102001

hi guys please can someone tell if these are good idle temps i have 2 80mm fans I'm not sure at what rpm as i have them connected to my psu im upgrading tommorow to 4 fasn so i hope that improves the scores 

idle temps- 2 fans.png

Lol is this a troll? 0 degrees on the core? -4 on gpu? I call bs... the HDD and mobo look fine though.

4 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

Lol is this a troll? 0 degrees on the core? -4 on gpu? I call bs... the HDD and mobo look fine though.

its real thats what it says 

4 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

also bear in mind i have integrated graphics 

2 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

If that's legit then your sensors are all screwed up.

oh whats a good way of either fixing the sensors or seeing the real tempratures?

Sorry if i come off badly but i'm honestly having trouble taking you seriously. No. You can't fix the sensors. Try checking with another program like hwmonitor or getting a new cpu/gpu.

18 minutes ago, ryan27968 said:

Sorry if i come off badly but i'm honestly having trouble taking you seriously. No. You can't fix the sensors. Try checking with another program like hwmonitor or getting a new cpu/gpu.

i am using hard ware monitor and after letting my pc sit for 30 mins the average now is like 10 degrees on cpu and 3 degrees on gpu is that still good?

1 minute ago, Adrian18102001 said:

i am using hard ware monitor and after letting my pc sit for 30 mins the average now is like 10 degrees on cpu and 3 degrees on gpu is that still good?

If that's legit, then yeah it's good. Like north pole good. Nah bro those aren't real temps i'm sorry to say unless you have phase change cooling in which case you wouldn't be here would you?

44 minutes ago, Adrian18102001 said:

but its still at 0 when im not touching anything

The thing is if your rig is air-cooled these temps are impossible. On air your components can't go below the temp of the room it is in. So unless you tell us your room is freezing these temps can't be true. 

You should try another program and see what temps it shows. If it is similar one or more temp sensors are broken. 

16 hours ago, Adrian18102001 said:

but its still at 0 when im not touching anything

It's impossible to have under room temps inside case with consumer grade cooling. Mobo itself probably has some broken sensors. Is BIOS giving similar readings?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, NLD1st said:

The thing is if your rig is air-cooled these temps are impossible. On air your components can't go below the temp of the room it is in. So unless you tell us your room is freezing these temps can't be true. 

You should try another program and see what temps it shows. If it is similar one or more temp sensors are broken. 

1 hour ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's impossible to have under room temps inside case with consumer grade cooling. Mobo itself probably has some broken sensors. Is BIOS giving similar readings?

Haha, these guys are right. How can anything in an Air-Cooled computer be colder than the room when the computer only generates heat - it would just add to the temperature of the room. Who knows, maybe the CPU and GPU got so hot they damaged the sensors!

Nah it's got to be a fault with the sensors or the program, get yourself MSI Afterburner and see what that says - it's generally a good all rounder program for checking out temps.

Hope it all goes well, let us know what happens!

4 hours ago, Aloe Vera said:

Haha, these guys are right. How can anything in an Air-Cooled computer be colder than the room when the computer only generates heat - it would just add to the temperature of the room. Who knows, maybe the CPU and GPU got so hot they damaged the sensors!

Nah it's got to be a fault with the sensors or the program, get yourself MSI Afterburner and see what that says - it's generally a good all rounder program for checking out temps.

Hope it all goes well, let us know what happens!

msi after burner says the same

4 minutes ago, Adrian18102001 said:

msi after burner says the same

acctually it jumps up and down but it usally stays at 10 degrees for cpu and 0/-2 for gpu

also remember this is in degrees for all Americans who might have been confused so cpu and gpu in Fahrenheit are, cpu= around 50 and gpu = around 32 

Okay, well it still seems to be very much not working the way it should be. Considering -2 Degrees Celsius is below freezing temperature, if your not seeing frost on your GPU (and you shouldn't be), the sensors are not performing properly. 

Just to clarify "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius" are two types of "Degrees" units. As is "Kelvin" while we're at it, but granted they do have different scales which is worth clarifying.

A more realistic good idle Air-cooled temperature would be somewhere in the region of the low 30 Degrees C on the CPU, and around 40 Degrees C on the GPU. To get temperatures anywhere near 0 Degrees C would require a collection of tech to the tune of several thousands of dollars and a high level of attention to detail during construction.

On the note of actually dealing with the issue, I wouldn't be concerned. You seem to have a good amount of air flow, and if you set up your fan curve in the BIOS and make a note of the rpm/percentage of the fan speed at several points along the temperature/speed graph, you'll be able to get a good idea of what temperatures your running at.

However due the the sensors producing unusual readings, the motherboard may be struggling to instruct the fans properly if it's set to a PWM curve. If the fans don't seem to be reacting in the slightest to CPU or GPU load then you might want to consider getting a new motherboard. Whenever that time comes don't hesitate to head straight back here is you need any advice.

Sorry you seem to be in a bit of a pickle, but we can all help out with getting you setup well if you want the help. Best of luck with your system, let us know if you get into any troubles with it!

7 minutes ago, Aloe Vera said:

Okay, well it still seems to be very much not working the way it should be. Considering -2 Degrees Celsius is below freezing temperature, if your not seeing frost on your GPU (and you shouldn't be), the sensors are not performing properly. 

Just to clarify "Fahrenheit" and "Celsius" are two types of "Degrees" units. As is "Kelvin" while we're at it, but granted they do have different scales which is worth clarifying.

A more realistic good idle Air-cooled temperature would be somewhere in the region of the low 30 Degrees C on the CPU, and around 40 Degrees C on the GPU. To get temperatures anywhere near 0 Degrees C would require a collection of tech to the tune of several thousands of dollars and a high level of attention to detail during construction.

On the note of actually dealing with the issue, I wouldn't be concerned. You seem to have a good amount of air flow, and if you set up your fan curve in the BIOS and make a note of the rpm/percentage of the fan speed at several points along the temperature/speed graph, you'll be able to get a good idea of what temperatures your running at.

However due the the sensors producing unusual readings, the motherboard may be struggling to instruct the fans properly if it's set to a PWM curve. If the fans don't seem to be reacting in the slightest to CPU or GPU load then you might want to consider getting a new motherboard. Whenever that time comes don't hesitate to head straight back here is you need any advice.

Sorry you seem to be in a bit of a pickle, but we can all help out with getting you setup well if you want the help. Best of luck with your system, let us know if you get into any troubles with it!

thanks 

23 hours ago, Adrian18102001 said:

also remember this is in degrees for all Americans who might have been confused so cpu and gpu in Fahrenheit are, cpu= around 50 and gpu = around 32

Degree in C changes as much from 1 to 2 as degree in F. They just have two different starting points. Furthermore, only those are are really, really new to PC world use Fahrenheit for PC component temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv