"It's Broken" She Says.

So just now my older sister just told me that MY 32GB Kingston USB Drive was broken , and now it wasn't fucking cheap. So I asked her how is it broken? She says she doesn't know, the computer just won't read/show that there is a USB drive connected. And I was skeptical cause I'd always need to wait like 10 seconds or move it a bit so it would show up. And so I asked her where it was, and she says "I don't know" and at that point I wanted to strangle her to death. Does anyone know if this means the USB is broken? Thanks.

Maybe.... my USD drive was corrupted because someone apparently didn't eject the drive while it was being used. It was Sony 64GB, all my "Important" stuff was in there 

Sounds like she broke it/ lost it and she's trying to cover it up.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

so it's broken? get a new one

Ikr xD

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

so it's broken? get a new one

WELL IDK IF IT IS ACTUALLY BROKEN. I've seen videos that states it's fine to just take the USB out without ejecting it, on Windows Computers that is but for Apple ones you should never do that. And my sister (when I watch her) always ejects it first, (unlike me xd)

Just now, HelpMeOrIWillSuffer said:

WELL IDK IF IT IS ACTUALLY BROKEN

find out if it's broken

Apple ones you should never do that.

wrong 

WELL IDK IF IT IS ACTUALLY BROKEN. I've seen videos that states it's fine to just take the USB out without ejecting it, on Windows Computers that is but for Apple ones you should never do that. And my sister (when I watch her) always ejects it first, (unlike me xd)

I never eject my drive too, It was fine until that fateful day. 64GB of "Research" material was gone

find out if it's broken

wrong 

Welp i can't find out if its broken if she doesnt know where it is.

Nice.

so, they might have lost it

Just now, Its Not Important said:

Nice.

so, they might have lost it

Im not kidding if she actually lost it or SHE BROKE IT. She's gonna need to pay me back. Idgaf if she's my sister.

1 minute ago, HelpMeOrIWillSuffer said:

Im not kidding if she actually lost it or SHE BROKE IT. She's gonna need to pay me back. Idgaf if she's my sister.

ok.....what can we do? why are you telling us this? 

ok.....what can we do? 

idek , give me moral support and advice on how not to strangle her.

ok.....what can we do? 

Also if she does "remember" where she left it how do I check if its broken.

I just skipped past a lot of posts so I may have missed it

Unless it is physically broken, I can almost guarantee you can fix it. USB flash drives are super easy to fix, just do a full reformat. They're really hard to brick (as far as I know, and I've really done some weird stuff to my flash drives)

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

1 minute ago, LtStaffel said:

I just skipped past a lot of posts so I may have missed it

Unless it is physically broken, I can almost guarantee you can fix it. USB flash drives are super easy to fix, just do a full reformat. They're really hard to brick (as far as I know, and I've really done some weird stuff to my flash drives)

So i can bring my corrupted USB back to life? Just reformat it?

WE'VE BOTH BEEN HELP WOOOOOOOOOOO

A full format from the 'Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions' window in Windows has never failed to fix any problems I've ever had

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

17 hours ago, LtStaffel said:

A full format from the 'Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions' window in Windows has never failed to fix any problems I've ever had

Well my sister said that it won't even show that a USB is plugged in, so how am I supposed to do that?

This is a good use case for my idea of using a cheap android phone as a carrier for sd card storage. You can use android device manager to locate it provided it has internet connection

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_