- last of us remastered 

- horizon zero dawn 

- bloodborne  

- the last guardian 

-diablo 3 

- life is strange  or play it in pc in 4K

- yakuza 0

-Rayman Legend 

Play the games that other people mentioned also some other games worth playing are

• The Uncharted series 
  • God of War Series
  • Until Dawn
  • Nioh

Bloodborne is a must play if you like the Souls games. It's Dark Souls without shields in a gothic old England. It has the best bosses in the Souls series IMO and the most interesting setting, and plays much more aggressively than the Souls games since the shields are gone. You can find this almost anywhere for $20, and occasionally as cheap as $10. But the DLC is a must since it has the best bosses, and it costs $20. Every once in a while you can find the GOTY edition on the PS Store for around $20. The game + DLC is an amazing 100 hours or so of content, and it's the best game I have played in years. Easily 10/10. It runs at 30 fps with some ugly microstutter at times (it uses the same engine as Dark Souls 3).

The Last of Us Remastered is arguably the greatest story ever told in gaming. I won't go any farther than that on the story, as I don't want to give anything away. It's a great looking game that runs at 60 fps and I love the stealth combat. It's a 9.5/10 IMO. You can always get this game for $20 and very often $10-$15, and it comes with the Left Behind DLC which is highly worth playing after beating the base game. It's about 20 hours of content.

Uncharted 4 is the most graphically impressive game I have seen on PS4. The facework with the main characters is almost photorealistic, as are some of the settings. If you like the two modern Tomb Raider games the Uncharted series is very similar in gameplay (as is The Last of Us, though TLOU focuses more on stealth). It runs at 30 fps but the framerate is extremely consistent. I think it's a 9.3/10. This game has been selling for $20 at a lot of places in the last month or so. It's also about 20 hours of content.

The Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection has the first three games. Very similar to the fourth although they're remastered PS3 games, so while they look great they're not jaw dropping like Uncharted 4. They all run at a rock solid 60 fps. I'd rate Uncharted 1 at 6.5/10, Uncharted 2 at 9/10, and Uncharted 3 at 9/10. Uncharted 1 has aged pretty badly but is still a must if you're interested in this series for the backstory. Uncharted 2 & 3 have aged brilliantly. This will be $15-$20 everywhere. Uncharted 1 is around 6 hours or so, the other two are probably 10-15 hours.

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the coolest new franchises to come out in years. It's kind of like a third person Far Cry game if the Far Cry games were produced to a much higher standard. You play this outcast woman in a tribal future contending with machines we built in what would be the near future in our times. Many of these machines make for some great fights and the storyline is killer. It's probably the second most impressive game on the PS4 graphically. It runs at 30 fps though a solid 30 fps, and it's an easy 9.5/10 in my book. Expect to pay around $50 for Horizon Zero Dawn. I spent about 85 hours in Horizon Zero Dawn.

NieR Automata is fucking weird, but fucking weird in a good way. You can get it on PC too, though the PC port is piss poor and annoying in the same way Dark Souls 1 and Fallout New Vegas are in the sense that you absolutely have to install a mod (called FAR) to make it decent on PC. Nevertheless, a piss poor PC port on a good gpu still runs and looks better than the PS4 Pro version does. You also have to have a controller, I can't imagine this game on mouse and keyboard. I'm currently playing the game on PC so I can't give you a rock solid score, but 20 hours in it feels like a 9 or 9.5 out of 10. It's a third person open world hack and slash that transforms to a side scrolling Castlevania type of game occasionally and occasionally to a bullet hell kind of top down shooter. Graphically it's not too impressive but the music is unbelievable. On PS4 it's supposed to run at a rough 60 fps on base PS4 and closer to 60 fps on PS4 pro (on PC it runs a mostly 60 fps for me on my GTX 970 with some settings tweaks, including a hidden setting that can only be controlled through the FAR mod). NieR Automata for PS4 can often by found for $45 now. If you have a good GPU and want to play on PC it's $42 in the current Steam sale. Game time is to be determined, as I'm only 20 hours in and supposedly there are many paths and endings in this game.

Anyways, these are the games I have been most impressed by that are often identified with the PS4. I haven't played Persona 5 or Ratchet & Clank yet, but they're supposed to be great. I actually picked up Ratchet & Clank for PS4 new from Gamestop for $10 a couple of weeks ago, occasionally they put this game on sale dirt cheap. Expect to pay $60 for Persona 5 though, I never see that game go on sale. Another big exclusive on PS4 this year was Nioh. I bought it for $36 from newegg and it's good, probably 8/10, but I don't consider it a must play. I love the Souls games and if you do too it might be for you, but it's supposed to be a lot more like Ninja Gaiden (I have Ninja Gaiden Sigma on PS3 but haven't played it yet so I can't vouch). It does have some interesting boss fights though if you like 3rd person hack and slash games, and it has gotten some really high reviews (eg 9.6/10 from IGN and 10/10 from Jim Sterling).

4 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I haven't played Persona 5 or Ratchet & Clank yet

do yourself a favor and buy them now :P persona 5 will take.. roughly 75-100 hours to complete. the beginning drags on for a while, but the game picks up once you're given free reign. 

3 hours ago, Technicolors said:

do yourself a favor and buy them now :P persona 5 will take.. roughly 75-100 hours to complete. the beginning drags on for a while, but the game picks up once you're given free reign. 

I did buy Ratchet & Clank since Gamestop had it for $10. Also the PS Store now has Ratchet & Clank on PS4 for $10 digital, good through next Monday. I will absolutely buy Persona 5, it looks unbelievable. But since I'm playing NieR Automata right now and really want to play Dark Souls 3, Metal Gear Solid 1-3, and Ratchet & Clank (PS4) (all in my purchased games backlog) I'm probably going to wait until I see Persona 5 at a really good price. Those are some real heavy hitters in my backlog that I don't want to put off, especially since Souls has now overtaken Elder Scrolls and GTA for my favorite series in gaming after playing through Bloodborne, Demons Souls, and Dark Souls 1. Speaking of Persona, should I play Persona 4 before 5? 

If you have a PS3 check out the sale PS Store is running right now. There are some really good games for $5 or less.

10 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

should I play Persona 4 before 5? 

If you have a PS3 check out the sale PS Store is running right now. There are some really good games for $5 or less.

nah. in terms of plot and story persona 5 is not related to 4. a few very minor references and not much else. however, i highly recommend playing persona 4. it's a fantastic game (persona 3 as well). do you have a vita? try getting persona 4 golden if you can

thinking about getting an off-hand ps3 actually 

Agree, Person 5 is fun and a challenge.  Plus, looks amazing to boot.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a great game, plus it is a beautiful game.  DLC is coming out for it as well that looks to be a whole new chunk of story with new machines to fight.

Ratchet and Clank, very fun game.

LittleBigPlanet 3

Of course, Shadow of the Colossus is going to be released on the PS4 as well.  I really hope they got it to run at 4K or a higher res.  Can't wait to see if I can still speed kill those stinkers.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 6/27/2017 at 7:21 PM, Technicolors said:

LOL I did. But I traded in that copy of Ratchet & Clank I spent $10 on for $20 at the same Gamestop because of this ridiculous promotion they were running. Then I bought it on the Playstation Store for $10, making the game essentially free (well, I paid 80 cents in tax). That Gamestop promotion in combination with the PS Store Midyear Sale basically allowed me to basically trade in Nioh, $1.10, and convert my copies of Ratchet & Clank and God of War III to digital for $84 in PS Store credit (since I used my store credit from the trade to buy $100 in PS Store cards and I used $16 of that to buy Ratchet & Clank and God of War III). So I converted that $84 into Persona 5 on PS4, inFAMOUS 1,2, and the DLC on PS3, God of War Ascension on the PS3, and a few bucks still in my PS Store account. LOL Gamestop.