1060 and RS 570 way overpriced.

Last time I checked, about 2 months ago, the 1060 was about 200-250 USD. Now I just checked on newegg and they were all in the 500-600 dollar mark, is that normal? Do you guys have any suggestions to any other cards in the same performance region and price. 
Thanks in advance.

I am  MCCCXXXVII

Crypto Miners are a parasite that are sipping away at the life blood of PCMR; GPUs!

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

Crypto Miners are a parasite that are sipping away at the life blood of PCMR; GPUs!

Oh I see, the demand on these cards are very high then?

I am  MCCCXXXVII

Just now, MachineKillx said:

Oh I see, the demand on these cards are very high then?

yes, much higher than the supply. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

Just now, DrMacintosh said:

yes, much higher than the supply. 

Damn, do you recommend any other cards in the 200-300 dollar range?

I am  MCCCXXXVII

5 minutes ago, MachineKillx said:

Uhhhh none unless you want used

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

1 minute ago, MachineKillx said:

Wait for the special miners cards to release, then the price will drop like linus does it with his tech

images (3).jpg

6 minutes ago, MachineKillx said:

What a bad time to buy a new gpu.

Just wait a month or two, once I get a new board back from RMA I will be using a 770 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

3 minutes ago, Billy_Mays said:

Uhhhh none unless you want used

Or you move to europe or contact relatives who are living there...

kek 580_8g.PNG

kek 1060.PNG

1 minute ago, Meritorius said:

kek 580_8g.PNG

kek 1060.PNG

Prices are including taxes

2 hours ago, Meritorius said:

I don't know if you noticed, but none of them is in stock. I'm sure you can find similar prices for unavailable items in the US and elsewhere. Actually getting your hands on a card for that price is a different story... 

Even the used market is feeling the heat. A year ago or more, I got a 7950 for EUR 100 on eBay.de. 6 months ago they were EUR 75-80. Last weekend I checked again and ongoing auctions were at EUR 120 and above. I'm seriously thinking on selling my 280+7950 and not playing any demanding game until the mining craze is gone. I would need one extra low end GPU, though. But those at least are not affected (yet anyway :p) 

20 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I don't know if you noticed, but none of them is in stock. I'm sure you can find similar prices for unavailable items in the US and elsewhere. Actually getting your hands on a card for that price is a different story... 

But this will just take more time, not more money...

8 minutes ago, Meritorius said:

But this will just take more time, not more money...

That's fine, but that's always the case: we expect prices to eventually go down. You have to pay extra to get the GPU now. You can buy at a somewhat lower price, but they will re-stock at the point in which the "over the counter" price has also come back to those levels - it may even be lower by now.

So yes, whether you pre-order with unknown delivery times or just wait, you don't need to pay current prices, but you also don't get a GPU today. If you want a GPU today, the price is higher.