GTA 5 modding

HippY

Hey guys,

As GTA 5 is on sale now, I am thinking about picking it up (played it a lot on Xbox 360 years ago, but I feel like I need this game in my library)

There is only one thing, as title suggest: modding

OpenIV has closed down AFAIK, and I have used that tool for very long time, and I do not know if that is any other tool to insert mods into the game (like cars, textures, driving mods ect.)

Are there any tools that can access GTA packed files for modding?

I don't think any one should purchase GTA V any more after what they did to force them reconsidering it, the massive negative reviews on Steam are hilarious, rockstar shot its foot on this one.

I can't remember the last time I played it... although I do love GTA V Driving mechanics better than any racing game out there currently.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

F*ck take-two.

What they did was complete BS and people are mad because of it.

You haven't bought it, speak with your money and keep it in your pocket, or spend it on something else.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

I don't think any one should purchase GTA V any more after what they did to force them reconsidering it, the massive negative reviews on Steam are hilarious, rockstar shot its foot on this one.

I can't remember the last time I played it... although I do love GTA V Driving mechanics better than any racing game out there currently.

Take-Two was the body that took OpenIV down, and they are the business people behind Rockstar.

Anyways, it is a game that I want, and I will not buy money in GTA online, so I only want single player with mods, occasional fun with online with mates

I was seriously looking to get it on the Summer Sale simply for the mods, now I won't be bothering. I've already played the story mode and online on PS4, that got old fast. No point in buying it again for just the same stuff.

DAEDALUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 - 1600 @ 3.7Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED Turbo Black Edition // Motherboard: Asus RoG Strix B350-F Gaming // Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1060 Windforce 6GB GDDR5 // Memory: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair LPX Vengeance 3000Mhz // Storage: WD Green - 250GB M.2 SATA SSD (Boot Drive and Programs), SanDisk Ultra II 120GB (GTA V), WD Elements 1TB External Drive (Steam Library) // Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W // Case: BeQuiet Silentbase 600 with SilentWings Mk.2 Internal Fans // Peripherals: VicTop Mechanical Gaming Keyboard & VicTsing 7200 DPI Wired Gaming Mouse

PROMETHEUS (2018 Refit) - Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz // Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO // Motherboard: Foxconn 2ABF // Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 (For Diagnostic Testing Only) // Memory: 2 x 4GB DDR3 Mushkin Memory // Storage: 10TB of Various Storage Drives // Power Supply: Corsair 600W // Case: Bitfenix Nova Midi Tower - Black

SpeedTest Results - Having Trouble Finding a Decent PSU? - Check the PSU Tier List!

The only mods you can use now are Script Hook mods...which include the mods used to cheat in Online (of course, it also includes many awesome mods like Emergency Lighting System, which you can't cheat with). With OpenIV gone, you can no longer replace any of the files. You'll have to use stock cars, stock textures, stock characters, stock anything.

If you don't have OpenIV already, you can't download it. Because of that, I wouldn't buy GTA if I was looking to mod, unfortunately.

7 minutes ago, HippY said:

Hey guys,

As GTA 5 is on sale now, I am thinking about picking it up (played it a lot on Xbox 360 years ago, but I feel like I need this game in my library)

OpenIV has closed down AFAIK, and I have used that tool for very long time, and I do not know if that is any other tool to insert mods into the game (like cars, textures, driving mods ect.)

dont buy the game, we need to make a point

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

4 minutes ago, HippY said:

Hey guys,

to be honest i completely understand why rockstar did it,but at the same time i don't see why they would stop people from modding the single player i mean if people are using mods online then hell yeah stop them but i don't see why they would stop people from modding single player as it only affects your game and your experience and not anyone else. If you got friends to play the online and intended to play the single player then yeah go for it otherwise i wouldn't pick it up   

T2 is a fucking scumbag of a publisher and they should be ashamed of themselves. They crippled modding on GTAV and GTAIV. Don't buy their games, I know I sure as hell won't be Steam_2017-06-23_15-06-52.png 

Oh look at these reviews! This is what happens when you disrupt the modding scene on GTAV. 

4 hours ago, Squibbies18 said:

to be honest i completely understand why rockstar did it,but at the same time i don't see why they would stop people from modding the single player i mean if people are using mods online then hell yeah stop them but i don't see why they would stop people from modding single player as it only affects your game and your experience and not anyone else. If you got friends to play the online and intended to play the single player then yeah go for it otherwise i wouldn't pick it up   

The reason they're so keen on shutting down OpenIV specifically, is because it allows people to gain access to Online-only DLC content in Single Player. That way, people can enjoy the content without spending hours upon hours grinding repetitive missions in Online, and more to the point - without being presented with a dozed different ways of speeding up said acquisition, namely by purchasing Shark Cards. When players access the content, without having micro transactions waved under their noses, T2 are potentially losing money in a way. That's what they want to stop. Not "hackers".

The only people affected by the ban, are people enjoying their single player mods and content creators (Twitch-streamers, YouTubers) playing mods like LCPDFR, which is - I mean - WAS quite entertaining.

EDIT: The current 50% sale on V is kinda pathetic - seems like damage control, no? I bet they wouldn't have even put it on sale, if not for the OpenIV debacle, and the poor ratings.

c u r r e n t  /  ROG MAXIMUS Z690 FORMULA  /  I7-12700K  /  2080TI  /  32GB DDR5  /  LIAN LI PC-O11 DYNAMIC

Z170 STINGER  /  6700K  /  TITAN X  /  32GB DDR4  /  NZXT MANTA  /  j u i c e b o x  build log

nohasslemods