How do I set up both wifi bands on the same SSID in DD-WRT?

I recently switched firmwares to DD-WRT on my router. Could a more experienced networking vet advise me on how I should be setting up both bands on the same SSID? Also, if I plan on making a separate guest network, do I need to set up each network on a designated band or can I have both share both bands? Sorry for being such a n00b. Thank you!

Personally give them different SSID's as they wont work together to give you a faster speed. Another tip is use a app like wifi analyzer to see what bands are being used around you.

This request is a bit odd but here goes...

set up depends on your specific router. In your case it would be the shared key that would separate the two bands, and by bands i assume you mean the 2.4 and 5ghz...correct? For better identification of the SSIDs i would just switch the names up per band, for example, watCHtower for 2.4ghz and WATchtOwer for 5ghz and then have different keys for each and you would choose the security as AES.

You can also make a virtual guest network on each band as long as the router allows it. the process will be the same. You will know if you can create the guest network as ddwrt will install all the tools your router can support.

No noobs here, we are all learning and i am sure you will and can help someone in return on another topic.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.