Issue with internet speeds

FireCharge

Having an issue with my brother's internet connection speeds;

Currently we don't have an option to run wires from my room with the router to my brother's room and we've already tried several options for connecting him to the internet:

Tried homeplugs (which went down terribly with him reaching about 1-2Mbps on average on a 50Mbps subscription), currently running on WiFi through an extender which gets to 7-12Mbps on average depending on load and whether he closes his door or not (he's kind of noisy so we urge him to close it even though it hurts his game play) 

Any better ideas? 

We thought of adding another router to the same network or getting another subscription altogether for his pc alone but we don't know what to do. 

Thanks! 

Just find a way to route wires into his room, it WILL be worth it!  Apart from that, the best option is to route a ethernet cable from your ISP box to the best location near his room and connect a good router to that and have him connect to that one.

6 hours ago, FireCharge said:

Having an issue with my brother's internet connection speeds;

Currently we don't have an option to run wires from my room with the router to my brother's room and we've already tried several options for connecting him to the internet:

Tried homeplugs (which went down terribly with him reaching about 1-2Mbps on average on a 50Mbps subscription), currently running on WiFi through an extender which gets to 7-12Mbps on average depending on load and whether he closes his door or not (he's kind of noisy so we urge him to close it even though it hurts his game play) 

Any better ideas? 

We thought of adding another router to the same network or getting another subscription altogether for his pc alone but we don't know what to do. 

Thanks! 

If you have Coax ran to his room you can use Moca adapters to use the Coax as Ethernet. Its not going to be as fast as Ethernet but it should work better than power line adapters as long as the Coax is in fairly good condition. Besides that, you kinda boned. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.