HELP TV DISPLAYS SMALLER THEN SHOULD

Gamerguy207

My family's tv displays smaller then it should my parents are getting old so they can't see the tv. The tv runs off a hdmi cable hooked up to a xfinity cable box. I've messed with the settings and nothing changes is there any way I can change this like switching cables to a tv cable and not hdmi or a newer hdmi or something plz help

IMG_0024.JPG

26 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

change overscan setting on the cable box.

No setting for that it's a dumb cable box

From the scale of the frame, this looks like what happens when a machine takes 16:9 content, applies letterboxing to make it 4:3, the sends THAT to a 16:9 screen. o.O

You definitely have issues or multiple issues relating to aspect ratio and scaling with either the TV or cable boxes settings.

49 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

From the scale of the frame, this looks like what happens when a machine takes 16:9 content, applies letterboxing to make it 4:3, the sends THAT to a 16:9 screen. o.O

You definitely have issues or multiple issues relating to aspect ratio and scaling with either the TV or cable boxes settings.

Tv box won't let me change the aspect ratio only tv but that doesn't do anything 

I found a solution I changed the output cable to a tv cable and not a hdmi but thanks for all your input guys ;)